Research has been an integral element for higher education at Sharda University since the time of its inception. The Research and Development Center at Sharda provides a vigorous and highly visible research environment to its students with an objective to research culture and develop the habit of leadership within the university. The centre supports all kinds of scholarly activities like fundamental research, applied research and development contract research for government, non-government and international agencies.
Over the years the research efforts have expanded to include sponsored research and consultancy projects in multiple disciplines like in the field of Science, Engineering, Technology and Management.
The University continues to branch out its research vision with new faculty members/researchers and implementing new policies designed to improve the research infrastructure and also through new academic & industry collaborations. The University with their researchers and other teams continues to regularly welcome external partners who support our vision by sharing ideas, pooling resources, and collaborating on findings promoting innovative research.
- Perform interdisciplinary and unconventional research.
- Ensuring the integration of teaching and research, and the involvement of our students in the research processes.
- Develop international strategic partnerships.
- Organise seminars, panels and lectures to disseminate knowledge on various projects.
- Collaborate with other institutions at both local and international levels.
- Sharda University received the sponsored funding of INR 303 Lacs in the fiscal year 2015-2016.
- The University publishes two research journals namely, Journal of Scientific and Technical Research (JSTR), and International Journal of Management Issues and Research (IJMIR) regularly.
- The faculty members/researchers have twelve patents pertaining to their innovative research work under their name.
- The University offers Ph.D. program in twenty two disciplines.
- The University regularly organises conferences and workshops at national and international level.