Electrical & Electronics Engineering( EEE)
Electrical and Electronics engineering continues to be an ever demanding industry as indicated by the current trend for hiring graduates. Electrical and electronics engineers are working today in all spheres of modern society, be it internet, cellular communication, satellites, industrial control systems, power systems, non conventional energy sources or DC and AC transmission systems.
- Research on Wireless Power:
Moin Sadaf Ahmad, an M.Tech. Student of Power System Engineering is building an integrated prototype for wireless power transfer device for charging batteries of handheld devices like mobile phones and cameras using highly resonant inductive coils and high-frequency schottky diode based rectifier circuits. The innovative element of the project is incorporation of high-frequency electromagnetic field effects. At UHF inductive coupling is dominant and high q factor coils can be developed to create voltagesm which can drive the diode at relatively lower input voltages which is essential for the rectifier circuit to operate."
Seminars & Workshops
- Workshop by CETPA Infotech Pvt. Ltd. A workshop on Matlab and Simulink was organized at the EEE department of Sharda University by CETPA Infotech Pvt. Ltd. The workshop was attended by about 60 students. The response of the students was overwhelming. They learned several aspects of design and simulation using Matlab and Simulink."
- Orientation Program by National Instruments on Labview: The EEE Department at Sharda University has joined the select group of organizations which own Lab view, a measurement and automation tool from National Instruments (NI). Bench type laboratory experiments are evolving to computer controlled experiments and NI offers a range of data acquisition modules based on Labview which allows experiments to be controlled and results recorded from the desktop environment."
- A group of faculty members comprising Soma Deb, S.P. Jaiswal and Shashank Singh from the EEE Department attended a short training program at IIT Roorkee, Noida campus. The workshop was on SOS( Software Tools, Open Source Tools and Simulation) Tools. The software is developed by IIT Roorkee and has excellent interface which can be used to run computational simulations. Itis freely available and can be downloaded from http://www. sos-tools.org/. The faculty members were really impressed by the training methodology and felt that it might be of immense help for students at Sharda. A related workshop is being planned by the EEE department on the subject so that students could benefit from it."
- Mr. Ajit Singh, General Manager, Business Development Unit of Hindustan Power Projects Pvt. Ltd. delivered a lecture entitled, “Hydro Power: White Gold” on the 11th of March at the Department of Electrical Engineering, Sharda University on special invitation of Prof. Jatley. Mr Singh spoke at length on some of the finer nuances of evolution of Hydro power plants in Indian against the backdrop of the critical role of Hindustan Power Projects. Several faculty members who teach the subject at Sharda found the interaction extremely informative and enlightening. The students were equally excited to learn about the detailed operational aspects of technology and management issues associated with Hydro plants. The lecture followed a lively question and answer session in which the audience showed their extreme inquisitiveness."
The department has well-established laboratories like Basic Electrical Engineering Lab, Networks Lab, Machines Lab(DC Machine Lab & AC Machine Lab), Power Electronics Lab, Power Systems Lab, Control & Instrumentation Lab and Simulation Lab.
The department provides the students with academic, extracurricular and other resources to help them assimilate the engineering principles and apply the same in context with real applications. The students are encouraged to design and build a project of their choice in the final semester that helps them to apply the nuances of their theoretical principles with the practical aspects.
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra MBA (2014-2016)
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta MBA - Marketing & Finance (2014-16)
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti MBA – International Business (2014-16)
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
I absolutely loved this course. It showed me aspects of Interior Design that I didn't consider before and the fact that it covers history as well as architecture in college assignments, it helped me dLeya Ann Thomas Design (Batch- 2012)
I like the fact that the no. of students in the classes are not many and the faculties are amazingly friendly, interactive and also very helpful in and outside campus. They are always available and wiRaishree Oinam Design (Batch- 2012)
Sharda University Department of Design gave me the tools to go out in the world with confidence.The concepts I learned are priceless. Being a designer, inspiration can be hard to come by and at shardaSrishti Tandon Design (Batch- 2012)
I believe that design as a field is and always will be something very personal, the passion for which comes from within the deepest parts of an individual. One just needs to strive hard to harvest thiNiyati Jain Design (Batch- 2012)
I did my bachelor degree in Interior Design. The design department has provided well experience visiting faculties and professors during the four years of course. This course has helped me experienceThokchom Praveena Design (Batch- 2012)
My experience at Sharda University has been unforgettable from the start! I am living my dreams, studying a subject that I’m passionate about and also continuing my illustrator career. The faculSapana Karki B. Design- Fashion Designing (Batch 2013-2017)