About the Programme
M. Tech (Biotech) Bio-Engineering and Bio-Informatics is a two-year post-graduate programme designed to expose the students to recent exciting developments in the area of Bioengineering & Bioinformatics and their application in industry, agriculture and medicine. The curriculum of the programme provides students with a strong background in Bioengineering followed by more specific knowledge in the area of choice.
The proposed programme focuses on research and education aimed at developing science & technology and new areas of study that combine computer technology, nanotechnology, bioscience, and bioengineering. Furthermore, to develop knowledge at the molecular and cellular level, it takes up new fields such as cell signalling, genome informatics, bio-nanotechnologies, and regenerative medicine. Graduates from this programme can find various career avenues to advance their success in the field of Bioengineering & Bioinformatics.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Graduates will integrate their knowledge of basic sciences with engineering principles for pursuing excellence in various disciplines of biotechnolog
- PEO2: Graduates will demonstrate the applications of biotechnological principles through research and entrepreneurship for development of designs and processes that are of societal and industrial importance.
- PEO3:  Graduates will adapt to and update with rapidly changing biotechnological knowledge through self-improvement with continuous learning about the solutions to solve the societal and environmental problems.
- PEO4: Graduates will develop leadership, independent thinking, and communication skills to solve problems professionally and ethically in academia, research, industry, and business for societal development
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
- PSO1: Acquire practical knowledge of biotechnological techniques to identify, quantify and characterize biomolecules and bio-organisms, critical for sustaining life processes and also for industrial applications.
- PSO2: Ability to unravel metabolic and molecular pathways in living organisms and harnessing or manipulating them for better health, agricultural produce or industrial products.
- PSO3: Obtain knowledge and research abilities in tissue engineering, stem cell research and other biotechnological process and bioinformatics for product development.