About the Programme
M. Sc (Nutrition and Dietetics) is a 2-year program with four semesters and having specialization in three branches viz, Clinical Nutrition, Public Health Nutrition, Food Science and Nutrition. Students will choose this specialization in third semester of the program. The course prepares students for:
- Understanding composition, quality, and safety of foods and properties of food ingredients.
- Proficiency with relationships of metabolism and utilization of nutrients in food by the human body to health and disease states
- Advanced understanding of the influences of exercise and fitness.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To make students aware about recent advancements in the field of Foods and Nutrition
- PEO2: To develop technical expertise in the students to acquire skills to work on R & D
- projects and in the area of Foods and Nutrition
- PEO3: To develop student’s with advanced skills in research, entrepreneurial and strategic   knowledge for leading and managing various private / government organizations dealing in   Foods and Nutrition
- PEO4: To make students competent for undertaking extension programmes in Foods and Nutrition
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Nutrition and Human Body Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the   core information associated with the profession of Dietetics and community nutrition and
- food science regarding physiology and human anatomy, nutritional biochemistry,   nutrition science, behavioural, social and planning diets for therapeutic conditions.
- PO2: Thinking Abilities: Utilize the principles of scientific inquiry, thinking analytically,   clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice.   Find, analyse, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible   decisions.
- PO3: Environment and sustainability ability: To understand the basic knowledge of   environment and chemistry, its implications, and energy resource conservation.
- PO4: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex nutritional activities with the   community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write   effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation and give receive   clear instruction.
- PO5: Professional Identity and Planning abilities: understand, analyse and communicate the   value of their professional roles in society as community worker, nutritional product   developer, Nutrition Advisor, Policy analysts, Fitness Consultants, Regulatory Affairs   Specialists, Quality Assurance Specialists, Food Scientists.
- PO6: Nutritional Product Development: develop nutritional rich products after analysing   their nutritional and sensory qualities to increase nutritional status of population
- PO7: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and   norms of community practice and food industry