About the Programme
Data science is poised to reshape our global economy, reinventing how we conduct business, and improving our lives in a variety of ways. Data scientists are in high demand across industries, with their ability to assist businesses in making data-driven decisions being highly valued.
You've come to the correct place if you're interested in extracting knowledge and insights from large data sets and want to put your skills to use in a meaningful profession. The Sharda University curriculum will assist you in learning the skills required for a successful data science profession.
To mention a few, you'll learn essential competencies in Machine Learning, Data Mining, and Predictive Analytics.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO1: The graduates will achieve deep subject knowledge in the courses of study to enable employed in industry, government and entrepreneurial endeavors to have a successful professional career.
- PEO2: The graduates will develop positive attitude and skills to enable a multi facet personality.
- PEO3: The graduates will prepare for pursue higher education and research.
- PEO4: The graduates will develop for contribute to the society and human well-being by applying ethical principles.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Data Science knowledge: Engage in continuous reflective learning in the context of technology and scientific advancement.
- PO2: Modern software tool usage: Acquire the skills in handling data science programming tools towards problem solving and solution analysis for domain specific problems.
- PO3: Critical thinking: Ability to understand the abstract concepts that lead to various data science theories in Mathematics, Statistics and Computer science.
- PO4: Problem analysis: Problem analysis and design ability to identify analyze and design solutions for data science problems using fundamental principles of mathematics, Statistics, computing sciences, and relevant domain disciplines.
- PO5: Innovation and Entrepreneurship:Produce innovative IT solutions and services based on global needs and trends.
Programme Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1: Utilize the data science theories for societal and environmental concerns.
- PSO2: Understand and commit to professional ethics and cyber regulations, responsibilities, and norms of professional computing practices.
- PSO3: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PSO4: Understand the role of statistical approaches and apply the same to solve the real life problems in the fields of data science and apply the research-based knowledge to analyse and solve advanced problems in data science