About the Programme
M. Sc. in Clinical Research is a two-year postgraduate programme that deals with the study of analyzing healthy and/or diseased human volunteers to generate information which can be used to obtain data that ultimately help in the treatment diagnosis prevention and relief in the symptoms of the disease.
This programme will broaden students horizon of knowledge on the subjects including clinical trials epidemiologic studies translational research behavioral science patient-oriented research and health service research.
In addition the programme will also enable students to analyze high-quality data and to develop reliable results for the key generation of evidence facilitating impetus for improving patient care. The programme helps students in gaining expertise in research and development processes to develop new applications to upgrade medical science.
The accurate balance of theoretical and practical sessions enable students to apply best of their knowledge and produce concrete results with learning.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To understand and analyze the impact of clinical research in a global, economic, environmental and societal context.
- PEO2: To understand the regulatory perspectives and processes, standards and practices of ICH-GCP in conduct of ethical clinical trials.
- PEO3:  Forecast the resources necessary for developing and managingclinical research grants and trials as required and regulated by global regulatoryagencies.
- PEO4:  Demonstrate advanced critical thinking skills necessary to enhance employment opportunitiesor advancement within the clinical research industry.
- PEO5: Effectively communicate and collaborate with health care providers and regulatory agencies to develop culturally diverse domestic and global strategies for biopharmaceutical product approvals.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Clinical research and basic medical knowledge: Apply knowledge of basic medical sciences and clinical research to be a successful member of the research team or a individual.
- PO2:  Design/development of trials:design and implement a clinical (patient-oriented) research study including selection of study methods, measures of the intervention and outcomes, data collection, management and analysis.
- PO3: Modern tool usage: Create, select and apply appropriate techniques, resources and modern tools in clinical data management with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO4: Ethics: Understand professional and ethical responsibilities in clinical research practice by following standards, norms and practices of ethical and regulatory bodies.
- PO5: Communication: Understand the regulatory perspectives, norms and processes and communicate effectively with them for seeking permissions/approvals being able to comprehend, write and present effectively trial reports and documentation
- PO6: Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO7:  Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in broadest context of technological change.