About the Programme
Master of Physiotherapy in  Orthopaedics  is a two-year programme with specialisation offered in the fields of Orthopaedics Neurology Cardiology and Sports. It is one of the most demanded courses in modern medical education. Throughout the programme extensive clinical training is given to students to specialise in their respective fields. Master of Physiotherapy provides advanced knowledge in the area of specialization which leads to the development of competency and skills. The programme is designed to use a variety of teaching/learning techniques including lectures case discussions practical exercises lab work field visits seminars journal clubs collabospecialityrative learning group discussions assignments hands-on training internship and dissertation. Physiotherapy subjects include Research Methodology & Biostatistics Biomechanics and students learn about the clinical conditions physiotherapy assessment and advanced techniques in their specialty module.
The programme trains students in resolving impairments and disabilities by promoting mobility and functional ability through examination evaluation diagnosis and physical intervention.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To gain knowledge about the human body related to basic medical and physiotherapeutic   Sciences.
- PEO 2: To acquire the knowledge of movement dysfunction of human body and evidence   based Physiotherapeutic management for the same.
- PEO 3: To develop skills in physiotherapy assessment by current concepts in physiotherapy
- PEO4: To plan and implement appropriate interventions for different conditions in acute and   chronic cases, critical care, indoor and outdoor institutional care, and independent   practice
- PEO 5: To develop skills as a self-directed learner, recognize continuous education needs,   select and use appropriate learning resources.
- PEO 6: To develop ability to undertake research and teach undergraduate physiotherapy students
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1. Physiotherapy Knowledge: The students will be able to possess knowledge and comprehension of the basic medicine and physiotherapeutic sciences
- PO2. Understanding: Students will be able to understand the core concepts in Physiotherapy   techniques.
- PO3. Thinking ability: Students will be able to develop the skills forassessment in order to   identify, examine and distinguish between various clinical conditions.
- PO4. Application: Students will be able to demonstrate and apply the technical skills to   integrate the core areas of physiotherapy practice.
- PO5. Planning: Students will be able to design and formulate the treatment plan to address the needs of patients safely and with appropriate regard to professional and ethical