About the Programme
MBA Human Resources Management is a two-year post-graduate programme dedicated to imparting the knowledge and skills required to manage the people within the organisation.
The programme aims to create HR professionals that are competent in handling imperative HR role in public and private firms, organisations and businesses. Under this programme, students learn about planning, arranging and managing various things through class activities, projects and case studies. In addition, they also study organisational psychology and workplace learning.
The coursework of the programme includes Basics of HR Management, Labour laws, Laws of Industrial Relations, Employee Empowerment, Fundamentals of Industrial Relationships, Ways of Improving Performance in Employees, Grievance Addressal, and more.
Apart from acquiring theoretical knowledge, the programme help students develop good communications skills that further benefit them in maintaining good relationships among people in the workplace. The concepts learned during this programme make the students ideal candidates for a career in HR Management.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Possess professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in management
- PEO2: Develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to take managerial decisions
- PEO3:  Adapt to a rapidly changing complex business environment and keenness to acquire new skills
- PEO4: Become socially responsible and value driven citizens committed to sustainable development
- PEO5: Develop personality and communication skills to operate in multi-cultural environment.
- PEO6: Develop leaders to take decisions and lead teams
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Economic, legal and social environment of Indian business... Graduates are able to improve their awareness sand knowledge about the functioning of the local and global business environments and society. This helps in recognizing the functioning of businesses, identifying potential business opportunities, the evolvement of business enterprises and exploring the entrepreneurial opportunities
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Competencies in quantitative and qualitative techniques. Graduates are expected to develop skills on analyzing the business data, application of relevant analysis, and problem solving in other functional areas such as marketing, business strategy and human resources
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global business and Cross-Cultural Understanding
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Developing responsiveness to contextual social issues / problems and exploring solutions, understanding business ethics and resolving ethical dilemmas. Graduates are expected to identify the contemporary social problems, exploring the opportunities for social entrepreneurship, designing business solutions and demonstrate ethical standards in organizational decision making. Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues and can distinguish ethical and unethical behaviors.
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Usage of various forms of business communication, supported by effective use of appropriate technology, logical reasoning, articulation of ideas. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication especially in business applications, with the use of appropriate technology (business presentations, digital communication, social network platforms and so on).
- PO6: Leadership and Teamwork (LT): Understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams. Graduates are expected to collaborate and lead teams across organizational boundaries and demonstrate leadership qualities, maximize the usage of diverse skills of team members in the related context.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Understanding of Sectorial environment for organizational sustainability.
- PSO2: Acquisition of knowledge, skills and experiential learning in functional areas(s) of management.
- PSO3: Ability to visualize managerial problems and identify various alternatives to solve them.
- PSO4: Ability to apply contemporary tools and techniques.