About the Programme
LLM. Criminal Law is a one-year postgraduate programme designed to develop an understanding of legal principles and enhance knowledge in academics & criminal law research. The programme enlightens students with the study of contemporary debates in both criminal law and criminal justice at an advanced level.
This programme prepares students to be a socially alert human being with a global outlook. The objective of the programme is training students to bridge the gap between law & society.
The coursework encompasses an advanced study of key policies and laws related to areas such as roles and legitimate interests of victims policing and crime prevention sentencing and other judicial decisions. In addition, the programme also includes the use of custodial and non-custodial punishments among others.
Under this programme, students gain an analytical mindset which helps them in answering hypothetical legal questions involving criminal offences. The programme is also based on experiential learning of criminal laws by means of writing legal essays research papers and paper presentation in seminar and conferences.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:To provide the students higher learning in law in specialized legal areas.
- PEO2:To promote research in Social Legal areas.
- PEO3:To inculcate values of lifelong learning and being a responsible citizen to uphold spirit of the constitution with global outlook
- PEO4: To Develop Entrepreneurship Skills
Methods of Forming PEO’s
- STEP 1 : The needs of the Nation and society are identified through scientific publications, industry interaction and media.
- STEP 2: Taking the above into consideration, the PEOs are established by the Coordination Committee of the department.
- STEP 3: The PEOs are communicated to the student, employer and their suggestions are obtained.
- STEP 4: The PEOs are communicated to all the faculty members of the department and their feedback is obtained.
- STEP 5: The PEOs are then put to the Board of Studies of the department for final approval.