About the Programme
LLM. Corporate & Commercial Law is a one-year postgraduate programme focusing on the study of corporate law in a wider interdisciplinary perspective. The programme introduces students with the ability to work with international legal cases and grasp the legal propositions of transactions involving international corporations and institutions. The programme helps in developing a significant understanding of the legal financial and economic matters related to the entire life-cycle of a firm from a global and interdisciplinary viewpoint.
Under this programme, students will learn about Research Methods & Legal Writing, International Criminal Law, Corporate & White Collar Crime, Law & Justice in Globalizing World and International Trade Law.
Adeptly trained in both law and business students will gain many skills which will help them develop both professionally and personally. Apart from the advanced understanding of economic policies, students will also acquire superior discussion and reasoning skills. Students wishing to continue their studies can further undertake a research degree in law.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:To provide the students higher learning in law in specialized legal areas.
- PEO2:To promote research in Social Legal areas.
- PEO3:To inculcate values of lifelong learning and being a responsible citizen to uphold spirit of the constitution with global outlook
- PEO4: To Develop Entrepreneurship Skills
Methods of Forming PEO’s
- STEP 1 : The needs of the Nation and society are identified through scientific publications, industry interaction and media.
- STEP 2: Taking the above into consideration, the PEOs are established by the Coordination Committee of the department.
- STEP 3: The PEOs are communicated to the student, employer and their suggestions are obtained.
- STEP 4: The PEOs are communicated to all the faculty members of the department and their feedback is obtained.
- STEP 5: The PEOs are then put to the Board of Studies of the department for final approval.