About the Programme
B.Tech. in Mechanical Engineering is a 4 years full time graduate course which is divided into 8 semesters. This course is designed and taught primarily to impart hands on experience to the students in the field of automobile engineering with the basis as mechanical engineering. The students are made familiar with modern technologies involved in fabrication and working of all types of automobiles and auto components. The primary focus is to provide the students with the skills for their growth in the automobile sector.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1:Graduates will excel in applying knowledge of Mechanical Engineering fundamental to pursue a successful career in interdisciplinary research, innovation and entrepreneurship to provide sustainable solutions to the societal needs.
- PEO2: Graduates will understand and explore innovative technologies of mechanical engineering, automobile engineering, mechatronics, industrial engineering and related areas to solve real industrial problems.
- PEO3: Graduates will build up the adequate communication skills, proficient personality, moral esteems and ethical values to be a good human beings, responsible citizens,   capable experts and team leaders.
- PEO4: Graduates will pursue higher Education and involve themselves in developing their   knowledge, research skills to meet the global standards.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Ability to adapt the advance technologies in the area of design, manufacturing, thermal sciences automation and industrial engineering to add value to the technological world.
- PSO2: Ability to design the futuristic automobile systems using core knowledge in vehicle body, vehicle dynamics, vehicle performance, vehicle systems subjected to moral, social and environmental constraints.
- PSO3: Ability to design and develop mechatronics systems by synergistic blend of precision mechanical engineering and electronic control systems