About the Programme
B. Sc. Nursing is a four-year undergraduate programme focused on developing critical care, advanced thinking skills, proficiency and values necessary for the practice of professional nursing and midwifery as mentioned in the National Health Policy 2002. The programme is streamlined to enable students to address the health needs of the nation, society and individuals.The programme prepares students to become responsible citizens by following a code of moral values and conduct at all times while fulfilling personal, social and professional responsibilities to respond to national objectives. B. Sc. Nursing programme involves classroom study, projects and assignments that enable students to gain practical knowledge of their learning. After the completion of the programme, the students are required to undergo a six-month internship to experience real-world clinical settings and learn from them. Candidates looking for more knowledge in the same field may pursue higher education for challenging career opportunities.
- PEO1: To prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- PEO2: To prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate the individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services.
- PEO3: To prepare nurses to make use of evidence based practice in the area of nursing practice.
- PEO4: To prepare nurses to use technology and synthesize information and collaborate to make critical decisions that optimizespatient’s outcomes.
- PEO5: To prepare nurses to practice within the framework of code of ethics and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- PO1:   Student s will be able to apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- PO2: Students will be able to provide promotive, preventive, curative, and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programs.
- PO3:   Students will have critical thinking skills in decision making in all situations and will utilize the latest trends and technologies to provide quality health care.
- PO4:   Students will recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
- PO5:   Students will be able to minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- PO6: Students will be able to function effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary teams for providing quality patient care.