About the Programme
B.Sc. in Mathematics is a three-year undergraduate programme that helps students to develop interpretive analytical and logical skills required to endeavour in the field of Mathematics. The programme trains students to handle concrete & abstract problems and solve them using their critical observations.
The coursework of the programme includes algebra trigonometry calculus vector calculus graph theory differential geometry complex analysis real analysis and differential equations. Students are also given hands-on training in practical sessions which enables them to learn the mathematical principles in depth.
Apart from Mathematics students will also become accustomed to Physics Chemistry Computers and English which will prepare them to excel in every field and industry. The curriculum is structured in a manner that it improves students software computing mathematical experimental conceptual and communication skills for advanced professional academic and research careers.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO’s)
- PEO1: To prepare students for developing their subject knowledge in the courses of their study to enable them to shine in various fields such as sciences, engineering   and technology, IT etc.
- PEO2: To develop positive attitude and skills this will enable the students to become   a multi facet personality.
- PEO3: To prepare students for entrance examinations conducted by   IIT’s/Universities to pursue PG and Ph. D. programs.
- PEO4: To develop students into confident communicators and team players.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Mathematical knowledge: Application of Mathematical knowledge in   various fields of science, engineering and management etc.
- PO2: Nature of Mathematics: Understand the concise, precise and rigorous nature   of Mathematics.
- PO3: `Critical thinking: Develop the skill to think critically on abstract concepts   of Mathematics.
- PO4: Problem analysis: Develop the ability to analyze a problem logically and   dissect into micro-parts and thus resolving the problem to accessible components.
- PO5: Presentation skill: Develop the skill to pleasant exposition for successful   presentation for any career interview with confidence.
- PO6: Mathematical logic: Formulates and develops mathematical arguments in   logical manner.
- PO7: Team Work: Work as a team player and strive for self-excellence.
- PO8: Ethics: Realize and understand professional, ethical and cultural   responsibilities.
- PO9: Communication: Communicate effectively with an elite audience.
- PO10:Life-long learning: Engage in life-long learning towards enduring   professional development