About the Programme
B.Com (Hons) International Accounting and Finance with ACCA, UK course at Sharda University has been designed in collaboration with the Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA), UK and aims to strengthen a global profession based on the application of consistent standards in the world of commerce education. The ACCA Qualification is the world leading accountancy qualification for aspiring financial professionals - providing students with the skills, knowledge and values to have successful careers and lead the organisations they work with into the future. The program is designed to provide competitive edge to the students to solve global business challenges. The curriculum framework and content of this course will facilitate students to conveniently pursue a career in International Finance and Accountancy and allows them to finish ACCA Professional qualification by seeking the exemption of nine subjects.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: develop the professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in Commerce & Accounting Education
- PEO2: develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to help in managerial decisions
- PEO3: apply the contextual knowledge to assess the regulatory issues and its compliances related to financial reporting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility etc. pertaining to any business from
- PEO4: able to prove proficiency with the ability to engage in competitive exams & higher studies like M.Com., CA, CS, ICWA and other courses
- PEO5: demonstrate an ability to communicate ideas & information effectively in both written and oral formats
- PEO6: develop social and ethical values among students for conducting ethical business
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Have comprehensive knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Corporate Laws, Auditing and Taxation
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Identify, formulate and analyse business problems reaching sustainable conclusions based on data
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Gear up with the updated knowledge in implementing the global business practices
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Imbibe and commit to social responsiveness and professional ethics of business management practices
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Communicate effectively with the all stakeholders. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication
- PO6: Life Long Learning (LLL): Prepare for Post-graduate and higher studies and to achieve success in their professional career
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate knowledge of various advanced accounting issues within a global framework thereby providing a unique opportunity to achieve an internationally recognized qualification
- PSO2: Possess adequate knowledge skills and experimental learning in area of commerce education
- PSO3: Familiarize the students with regard to structure, organization and working of financial system in global arena and interpretation of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards
Programme Highlights :
- Globally recognized curriculum in 180+ Countries which is also recognized by 8500+ employers globally.
- All 13 Papers of ACCA are integrated with the B.Com curriculum at ShardaUniversity.
- Students to secure 9 papers exemptions of ACCA out of 13 Papers. Students will be attempting 4 external exams from ACCA along with their semester exams to gain ACCA Qualification.
- Theory, Practical and Class Assignments, Real-life Research, Explorations and Collaborations
- Experiential Learning: Competency Development Activities, Short Projects
- Opportunity to earn an international qualification along with regular university degree. Besides preparing the student for ACCA Affiliate, the programme also facilitates multiple qualifications along the way like IFRS Certification and M.Sc in Professional Accountancy from University of London.
- As the technological and social changes continue to affect our profession, so there is an increasing emphasis on the broadening of skills that the accountant needs.
- Robust teaching pedagogy in terms of guest lectures, industry interactive sessions, seminars, presentations, webinars and case studies.
- A credible career path in the fast changing businessworld
- Imparts Leadership and Management skills
- Sustainable Management Accounting, Corporate Reporting, Strategy and innovation, Financial Management, Audit and Assurance, Stake holder Relationship Management,
- Governance, Risk and control
- The Ethics and Professional Skills module is an essential part of the ACCA Qualification and helps increase your employability and workplace effectiveness. The module uses realistic business simulations to develop a number of professional skills such as leadership, communication and business awareness