About the Programme
B. Com. is a three-year undergraduate programme designed to increase business understanding in students. The programme’s curriculum teaches theoretical and practical components of the study.
One of the primary and most important objectives of the programme is to introduce students in successfully operating and contributing to the modern global world of business by pursuing advanced research in the discipline.
This programme offers an opportunity to opt for doing an advanced study on various topics related to accountancy business and management. This programme enables the students to build a   strong foundation to pursue courses like CA, ICWA, CMA along with preparing them for pursuing a masters degree.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: develop the professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in Commerce & Accounting Education
- PEO2: develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to help in managerial decisions
- PEO3: apply the contextual knowledge to assess the regulatory issues and its compliances related to financial reporting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility etc. pertaining to any business from
- PEO4: able to prove proficiency with the ability to engage in competitive exams & higher studies like M.Com., CA, CS, ICWA and other courses
- PEO5: demonstrate an ability to communicate ideas & information effectively in both written and oral formats
- PEO6: develop social and ethical values among students for conducting ethical business
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Have comprehensive knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Corporate Laws, Auditing and Taxation
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Identify, formulate and analyse business problems reaching sustainable conclusions based on data
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Gear up with the updated knowledge in implementing the global business practices
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Imbibe and commit to social responsiveness and professional ethics of business management practices
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Communicate effectively with the all stakeholders. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication
- PO6: Life Long Learning (LLL): Prepare for Post-graduate and higher studies and to achieve success in their professional career
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate knowledge of various advanced accounting issues within a global framework thereby providing a unique opportunity to achieve an internationally recognized qualification
- PSO2: Possess adequate knowledge skills and experimental learning in area of commerce education
- PSO3: Familiarize the students with regard to structure, organization and working of financial system in global arena and interpretation of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards