About the Programme
B. Com. Finance & Accounts with ICA is a three-year undergraduate programme aimed at preparing a select cadre of future-ready professionals who will not only be efficient and effective managers but also inspirational and innovative leaders. The course emphasises a creative and refreshing approach to business problems resolution and identifying and tapping new opportunities in the marketplace.
The programme is designed to familiarise students with the finance and accounting operations globally, and also how financial markets work. The curriculum provides an integral part of the education for students looking for finance & accounting positions in financial institutions as well as other corporate houses.
The programme has been streamlined with input from industry experts to train students for the competitive and fast-growing sector of Finance and Accounts. The curriculum has been prepared with industry requirements in mind and emphasises practical and application-oriented learning.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: develop the professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in Commerce & Accounting Education
- PEO2: develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to help in managerial decisions
- PEO3: apply the contextual knowledge to assess the regulatory issues and its compliances related to financial reporting, Corporate Governance, Corporate Social Responsibility etc. pertaining to any business from
- PEO4: able to prove proficiency with the ability to engage in competitive exams & higher studies like M.Com., CA, CS, ICWA and other courses
- PEO5: demonstrate an ability to communicate ideas & information effectively in both written and oral formats
- PEO6: develop social and ethical values among students for conducting ethical business
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Have comprehensive knowledge of Accounting, Finance, Corporate Laws, Auditing and Taxation
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Identify, formulate and analyse business problems reaching sustainable conclusions based on data
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Gear up with the updated knowledge in implementing the global business practices
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Imbibe and commit to social responsiveness and professional ethics of business management practices
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Communicate effectively with the all stakeholders. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication
- PO6: Life Long Learning (LLL): Prepare for Post-graduate and higher studies and to achieve success in their professional career
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Demonstrate knowledge of various advanced accounting issues within a global framework thereby providing a unique opportunity to achieve an internationally recognized qualification
- PSO2: Possess adequate knowledge skills and experimental learning in area of commerce education
- PSO3: Familiarize the students with regard to structure, organization and working of financial system in global arena and interpretation of financial statements in accordance with International Financial Reporting Standards