About the Programme
Bachelor of Visual Arts (Applied Arts) is a four-year undergraduate programme aimed at expanding the traditional educational approach to visual arts by encouraging experimentation with a full array of artistic practices. The capstone of the programme highlights various activities apart from teaching. Students are encouraged and supported to adopt various interdisciplinary activities including music, dance, fine arts, and mass media in an integrated manner that also adds value to their degrees.
The programme aims to equip students with an ability to design products and advertisements for various establishments. The programme also promotes the artistic expression in the students that pave their way to a successful career.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the history of art and  aesthetics theoretically
- PO2: Identify and apply the elements and principles of visual art when visually  communicating information and ideas
- PO3: Apply knowledge of historical narratives, contemporary issues, and processes  and directions of their fields, to produce interpretations and/or artifacts
- PO4: Describe the history of their field, theoretical framework of their field, and  contemporary work being done in their field
- PO5: Develop and produce relevant projects using various media and technologies  both traditional and contemporary — appropriate to their field
- PO6: Perform a useful critical analysis of communication, form, and concept
- PO7: Create work with an appropriate relationship between form, content, and  context when visually communicating information and/or ideas
- PO8 : Solve formal, conceptual, and communication problems through the process of  self-directed trial, error, and refinement
- PO9: Demonstrate perceptual acuity (perceptual “sharpness,” to see/understand  things in a way others do not), conceptual and contextual understanding, and technical  facility at a professional entry level in their chosen fields
- PO10: Solve visual/aural, conceptual, and technical problems through independentlyand collaboratively- generated analysis, evaluation, and refinement
- PO11: Assess and present their research, process, and outcome in an articulate  manner
- PO12: Present themselves in a professional manner appropriate to their field of  study.
- PSO1: Applied Art Practices: To be able to demonstrate their knowledge in the field  of Advertising and different media of Advertising like Print media, Digital media, Broadcast  and New media etc. (for BVA in Applied Art)
- PSO2: Painting Practices: To be able to demonstrate with creative and technical  skills in the specific domain of Painting and all other Fine Arts related fields. This will enable
- them to be employed globally. (for BVA in Painting)