About the Programme
Bachelor of Pharmacy (B.Pharm) is a four-year undergraduate programme designed to introduce students with the properties and impacts of pharmaceutical drugs. The programme helps students in developing the skills essential to counsel patients about medication and use of drugs. The curriculum and syllabi for the course are as per Pharmacy Council of India (PCI) the statutory body governing pharmacy profession in India. The core pharmacy subjects include Pharmaceutics Pharmaceutical Chemistry Pharmacognosy and Pharmacology.
Under this programme the emphasis is laid on human anatomy drug dosage drug action and reaction active ingredients used in the formulation of the drugs and how to maintain their quality in the storage.
In addition the programme also concentrates on preparing the students and training them for industry-ready holistic pharmaceutical care in the practice setting. The industrial visits and equally important practical sessions ensure students receive a perfect exposure to the real-world situations while learning.
Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
- PEO1 :  To produce pharmacy graduates with strong fundamental concepts and high technical competence in pharmaceutical sciences and technology, who shall be able to use these tools in the pharmaceutical industry and/or institutes where ever necessary for success.
- PEO2: To provide students with a strong and well defined concepts in the various fields of Pharmaceutical sciences viz., pharmaceutics, pharmaceutical chemistry,pharmacology and pharmacognosy according to the requirement of pharmaceutical industries, Community and Hospital Pharmacy and also to develop a sense of teamwork and awareness amongst students towards the importance of interdisciplinary approach for developing competence in solving complex problems in the area of Pharmaceutical Sciences.
- PEO3: To promote the development of trained human resource in Pharmaceutical Sciences for dissemination of quality education with highly professional and ethical attitude, strong communication skills, effective skills to work in a team with a multidisciplinary approach.
- PEO4:To generate potential knowledge pools with interpersonal and collaborative skills to identify, assess and formulate problems and execute the solution in closely related pharmaceutical industries.
- PEO5:To train and encourage the students to participate in life-long learning process for a highly productive career, contribute towards health care system and to relate the concepts of Pharmaceutical Sciences towards serving the cause of the society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Pharmacy Knowledge: Graduates will possess knowledge and comprehension of sciences pharmaceutical sciences behavioural, social, and administrative pharmacy sciences and manufacturing practices. Graduates will have hands on training of practical aspects of Synthesis of APIs and its intermediates along with Formulation and Development, Analysis and Quality assurance of various pharmaceutical dosage forms including those of herbal origin as per standards of official books, WHO, and other regulatoryagencies.
- PO2: Graduates will demonstrate effective planning abilities including time management, working independently, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skils. They would be able to develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- PO3: Thinking Ability & Problem analysis :Graduates would be able to utilize theprinciples of scientific inquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. They would be able to find, analyze, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions. Graduates will develop an ability to conduct, analyze and interpret data of pharmaceutical experiments in various departments (Eg: Drug discovery, Formulation & Development, Production, Quality control & Quality assurance etc) as per the needs of pharmaceutical industries.
- PO4: Modern tool usage: Graduates will be equipped to handle current instruments, technologies and use knowledge of mathematics and computers for drug analysis and research. They would be able to select and apply appropriate methods, procedures, resources, and modern pharmacy-related computing tools with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO5: Leadership skills: Graduates would be able to understand and consider the human reaction to change, motivation issues, leadership and team-building when planning changes required for fulfillment of practice, professional and societal responsibilities. They would exhibit good managerial and entrepreneurship abilities They shall assume participatory roles as responsible citizens or leadership roles when appropriate to facilitate improvement in health and well-being.
- PO6: Professional Identity: Graduates will demonstrate the ability to understand, analyze and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, suppliers of pharmaceuticals, promoters of health, educators, business managers, employers, employees) through consideration of historical, social, economic and political issues. Graduates will retrieve, evaluate, and apply current drug information in the delivery of pharmaceutical care and assure safe and accurate preparation, dispensing and use of medications.
- PO7: Ethics: Graduates will swear by a code of ethics of Pharmacy Council of India in relation to community and shall act as integral part of a health care system. They will demonstrate honesty, integrity, ethical understanding, and respect for others and will carry out their professional responsibilities by adhering to high ethical standards.Honor personal values and apply ethical principles in professional and social contexts.
- PO8: Communication: Graduates would communicate effectively with the pharmacy community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports, make effective presentations and documentation, and give and receive clear instructions. . They will be able to demonstrate knowledge and proficiency with current audio-visual presentation technologies and develop an ability to communicate scientific knowledge in non-expert/lay term by adopting various modes of scientific communications (e.g., abstract, manuscripts, project reports, oral and poster presentations etc).
- PO9: The Pharmacist and society: Graduates will apply reasoning informed by thecontextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal, and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional pharmacy practice. They will create awareness of healthcare issues through interactions with others and will gain a sense of self-respect towards community and citizenship.
- PO10: Environment and sustainability: Graduates will be able to demonstrate a high- level of understanding of the key stages in drug discovery, development, and commercialization. Understand the impact of the professional pharmacy solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO11: Life-long learning: Graduates would be able to recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change. Self-assess and use feedback effectively from others to identify learning needs and to satisfy these needs on an ongoing basis. Graduates will apply theoretical and practical skills developed through classroom, laboratories and team project experiences and thus will develop confidence and will be able to i) do specialized research in the core and applied areas of pharmaceutical sciences. ii) manufacture, analyze and assure the drug based formulations. iii) promote and market the pharmaceuticals and iv) train the budding pharmacist to become self-reliant pharmacist and a health care professional.