About the Programme
Bachelor of Medical lab Technology (Honors) is one of the most sought after courses among a long list of top paramedical courses in the world. This programme (BMLT Hons) is specially designed to facilitate international students as four year course is required to full fill their placement criteria. Four years include three years theory and one year compulsory internship. Every year is dived in to two semesters and there are six semesters and last year is complete internship. An updated syllabus is passed to all the students of every semester. This exclusive programme gives students ample of exposure both theoretically and practically. During their internship the students are rotated to all the subspecialties of medical lab under a special guidance of Pathologists and medical lab faculties. This programme ensures a overall development of individual student. From time to time these students are taken to various educational tours to the best research labs. We have best library facilities which cater all the educational needs of the students.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO's)
- PEO1:   Acquire comprehensive knowledge of structure and functions of human body, physiological and biochemical mechanisms involved in normal and abnormal health condition, knowledge of light microscopic and ultrastructure of human specimen. Knowledge of structure and functional correlation of blood constituents with disease process and be able to communicate the same clearly and with precision.
- PEO2:   Be aware of contemporary advances and developments in the field of medical laboratory sciences.
- PEO3:   Acquire knowledge of modern research techniques and be familiar with the recent advances in medical laboratory tests.
- PEO4: Inculcate habit of scientific enquiry and be able to identify lacunae in the existing knowledge in a given area.
- PEO5:   Have acquired skills in interpreting the results to medical and paramedical professionals as Laboratory manager/ supervisor or health care administrator.
- PEO6: Have acquired skills in effectively communicating with the students and colleagues from various medical and paramedical fields as educational consultant or laboratory coordinator etc.
- PEO7:   Have acquired skills of integrating laboratory tests with other disciplines of medical sciences as and when needed.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Knowledge of laboratory tests: Posses theoretical and practical knowledge of the laboratory test associated with diagnosis of diseases including biochemical, pathological and microbiological test in the laboratory.
- PO2: Thinking abilities: Utilize the principles of scientific test, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving laboratory problems and making patient reports after sample processing in daily practice.
- PO3: Planning abilities: Demonstrate effective planning abilities including laboratory tests timing management, resource management, delegation skills and organizational skills. Develop and implement plans and organize work to meet deadlines.
- PO4: Professional identity: Understand, analyses and communicate the value of their professional roles in society (e.g. health care professionals, laboratory supervisors and managers) through consideration of social, economic and health issues.
- PO5:  Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the laboratory practice.
- PO6: Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of medical laboratory change.