B.A Hons in Applied Economics
The Three -year full-time program in Economics is designed to meet the growing need for an analytical and quantitative approach to problem solving in the changing corporate world by the application of the latest techniques evolved in the fields of Economics and Management .
Overall educational aim of the BA (Hons.) in Applied Economics is to equip students with the knowledge, understanding and skills required to deal with the complexities of an economic system and to contribute to understanding problems of production and distribution of scarce resources and applying the principles of economics in optimal utilization of resources.
- To provide students with a basic theoretical knowledge and understanding of the structure of an economy, its governance process and the environment in which it operates.
- To provide students with first-hand experience of how an economic system operates in practice.
- To provide students with an integrated understanding of the important functions within an economy – production, distribution and consumption – and the way in which they interact.
- To develop students' capacity in critical analysis of and reflection upon economic issues and their ability to undertake applied research in selected areas.
- To develop students' adaptability and flexibility of approach and the ability to initiate and respond positively and appropriately to change.
- To prepare students for a career in economic analysis and related fields and develop their capability to contribute to society at large.
- To enhance students' lifelong learning skills, communication skills and personal development.
- Sr. Secondary (10+2) with 50% marks
- Commerce/Mathematics as a subject in Secondary/ Sr. Secondary level
- Proficiency in English communication
Application form can be obtained from: Admission Office, Sharda University, Greater Noida Campus, Regional Offices and International Offices.
Candidates can also apply online. Apply Online
Visit University Campus or Regional Offices for completing Admission formalities
If selected, candidates can deposit the fee through Cash/DD at Sharda University campus or through payment gateways like Credit Card, Axis Bank, Punjab National Bank DD, Cash, etc., within 15 days of the announcement of selection.
- Investment Banking
- Business Analysis
- Policy Analysis
- Development Practitioner
- Banking and Insurance
Economics is considered as ever green subject due to its high utility and huge demand in the job markets. Economics is a very important discipline both for career as well as job point of view. The significance of economics has greatly increased post reforms era. Job opportunities have increased manifolds post liberalisation, privatisation and globalisation (LPG), and after merging of world economy. Well-trained economists are in huge demand not only in India but also across the world for rapidly globalising economic scenario. They are hired as economic analysts, researchers and consultants.
The components of Evaluation for each course shall be as under:
• Continuous Assessment (CA) : 30 marks
• Mid-Semester Examination (MSE) : 20 marks
• End-Semester Examination (ESE) : 50 marks
It was a great time we spent in Sharda University. Sharda has very wonderful faculty and they are very cooperative and campus environment is very positive. Training and placement department continuousHarshdeep Batra, MBA
It gives me great pleasure to say with pride that I have completed my post-graduation from School of Business Studies, Sharda University. The relationship between faculties and student is very cordialDeeksha Gupta, MBA - Marketing & Finance
Taking admission into Sharda is like paying for an exclusive world tour. The university is comprised of different people from different nationalities which makes it a global community for diverse learIkechukwu M. Torti, MBA – International Business
Building my career in Sharda University enriched my life. I can somehow see that my future is totally reliant on the career for which I am grateful to every faculty member of Chemistry Department, SchKanjur Wangdi, Master of Science (Integrated), Chemistry
Studying architecture in Sharda has widened my perspective and has given me an idea of the importance of architecture in today’s day and age. The faculties and staff are very helpful and are alwShreeyukti Shah, Architecture
Architecture is a field with uniqueness and individuality, the passion for which comes within the individual. Being a part of this course in Sharda University is like know your own individuality. TheZainab Manzoor, Architecture
Hi.. ! I am Mohd. Faizan studying in school of architecture and planning is currently in 3rd year in sharda university. It has been a great experience. Here in sharda we have great faculty membeMohd. Faizan, Architecture
Sharda University is the best university across the india and is known for its excellence . It has all the best facilities under one roof - state of infrastructure , erudite faculty , professional teaYamini Sharma, Architecture
I can positively say Sharda University has made me a better person. It has helped me develop a positive attitude towards my studies and discover more about myself. Teachers are very caring and inMohammad Arish, Architecture
Hello! I I am student of Sharda University pursuing Architecture. I am currently in 3rd year. It has been a great experience overall here in Sharda. we have a panel of great faculty members who aAparna Chatterjee, Architecture