About the Programme
Post Basic B.Sc. Nursing (PB-B.Sc.) is a two-year undergraduate programme designed to inculcate an in-depth understanding of advanced level nursing. Under this programme, aspirants brush up their learning to provide complete medical care to the patients. The students acquire both surgical and non-surgical nursing skills that prepare them for varied real-world clinical and hospital settings.
The programme prepares students to take independent decisions in nursing situations and play a major role in treating patients with care and compassion. The programme curriculum comprises subjects like Maternal Nursing, Medical & Surgical Nursing, Microbiology and Mental Health Nursing.
The broad area of the study involves Introduction to Nursing Research & Statistics which enables them to solve problems related to nursing using scientific methods. The programme transmutes students to industry-trained professionals with a strong understanding of the philosophy objectives and responsibilities of nursing as a profession.
- PEO1: To prepare graduates to assume responsibilities as professional, competent nurses and midwives in providing promotive, preventive, curative, and rehabilitative services.
- PEO2: To prepare nurses who can make independent decisions in nursing situations, protect the rights of and facilitate the individuals and groups in pursuit of health, function in the hospital, community nursing services.
- PEO3: To prepare nurses to make use of evidence based practice in the area of nursing practice.
- PEO4: To prepare nurses to use technology and synthesize information and collaborate to make critical decisions that optimizespatient’s outcomes.
- PEO5: To prepare nurses to practice within the framework of code of ethics and acceptable standards of practice within the legal boundaries.
- PO1:   Student s will be able to apply knowledge from physical, biological, and behavioral sciences, medicine including alternative systems and nursing in providing nursing care to individuals, families and communities.
- PO2: Students will be able to provide promotive, preventive, curative, and restorative health services in line with the National health policies and programs.
- PO3:   Students will have critical thinking skills in decision making in all situations and will utilize the latest trends and technologies to provide quality health care.
- PO4:   Students will recognize the need for continued learning for their personal and professional development.
- PO5:   Students will be able to minimize risk of harm to patients and providers through both system effectiveness and individual performance.
- PO6: Students will be able to function effectively within nursing and interdisciplinary teams for providing quality patient care.