About the Programme
M.Tech Food Process Technology is a postgraduate programme imparting lessons on nutritional value, biochemistry properties, and chemicals in different foods and packed food items. The programme aims at gaining in-depth knowledge regarding various traits of food process technology and its specializations. The students will gain lessons about the science of the safe production of nourishing food items from advanced raw materials. The salary of graduates in this programme ranges between INR 2 LPA to INR 9 LPA based on their skills, expertise, and experience. Students who further wish to continue their higher education can opt for Ph.D. in food process technology after completing their M.Tech.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: Post Graduates will be able to integrate the biological sciences with engineering principles for the study of biological systems and medical health related problems.
- PEO2: Post Graduates will demonstrate the applications of bioengineering principles through development of industrial designs and processes that are of societal and industrial importance.
- PEO3: Post Graduates will update their knowledge and skill set with recent discoveries   through selfimprovement, research experience   and continuous learning to create engineering solutions for   society and environment.
- PEO4: Post Graduates will develop communication skills and demonstrate independent thinking, analytical and problem solving skills, selfmanagement and function effectively in teamoriented and openended activities in an industrial or academic environment.
- PEO5: Post Graduates will develop leadership skills at levels appropriate to their experience and perform ethically and professionally in business, academia, industry and society.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of engineering fundamentals, biological and physical sciences to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2: Problem analysis: Identify and analyze complex engineering problems, formulate research solutions and reach substantiated conclusions using principles of basic and applied sciences and related technologies.
- PO3: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use researchbased knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and bioinformatics tools including prediction and modelling to study complex biological systems with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO9: Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions.
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO12: Lifelong learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and lifelong learning in the broadest context of technological change.
- PSO1: Acquire practical knowledge of animal  system and related techniques to study life processes and apply the knowledge for research and industrial applications.
- PSO2: Ability to unravel metabolic and molecular pathways in animal cells and harness or manipulate them for human health  and industrial products.
- PSO3: Develop understanding of recent research events through selflearning and awareness in biotechnology and apply the acquired concepts for   industrial purpose.
- PSO4: Conduct safe research and learn sustainable product development without compromising environmental safety and ethics.