About the Programme
M. Tech (Electrical & Electronics Engineering) Industrial Automation is a two-year post-graduate programme that deals with the study of the use of control devices to control industrial processes and machinery. The coursework of the programme covers important aspects of modern industrial automation such as Autonomous Systems, Computer Vision, Artificial Intelligence, Embedded Systems, Modeling and Control Systems.
The programme offers students the opportunity to work on live projects where they design, create, and control automated devices as well as conduct research and write theses. The state-of-the-art laboratories facilitate students to apply and implement concepts learned during theory sessions. In most of the subjects, there will be theory and practical classes.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs)
- PEO1: The Graduates will establish themselves with knowledge and technical skill to match the need of modern industries of power sector and automation.
- PEO2  :   Graduates will be motivated for research and higher education and support their entrepreneurial learning.
- PEO3  :   Graduates will demonstrate their communication skills and critical reasoning skills to perform responsibilities ethically for the sustainable development of the society.
- PEO4: The Graduates will be able to learn and adopt new technologies in a multi- and interdisciplinary work environment for innovative solutions for real world problems
The Program Objectives (POs) :
- PO1:    Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:  Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:  Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:  Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:  Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:  The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:  Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO8:    Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO9:    Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO10:  Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
The Program Specific Objectives (PEOs)
- PSO1: To be able to critically investigate complex power system scenarios and arrive at possible solutions, by applying the acquired theoretical and practical knowledge.
- PSO2: To be able to work on well-defined projects by interpreting available power system data to provide real time solutions pertaining to power system issues.
- PSO3  :  To  be  able  to  identify  optimal  solutions  for  improvising  power  transfer  capability, enhancing power quality and reliability