About the Programme
M.Sc. in Information Technology is a two-year post-graduate programme dedicated to providing knowledge of programming, implementation of common data structures using OOP principles in C++ and ADTs. It covers in-depth analysis of Lists, Stacks, Queues, Trees, and Graphs. Students are introduced to various aspects of information technology including software development, data manipulation, and technology re-engineering.
This programme is designed to help students explore different types of technology applications and the way in which information is created exchanged and stored. Students may learn how to write code and can explore areas such as information security software applications system design and databases.
The programme offers a broad technical understanding of current and evolving technologies in the IT field. The emphasis of the programme is moving technology from the laboratory to the realm of business development.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Program Educational Objectives (PEOs) of PG Program in Computer Science & Engineering are:
- PEO-1The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities
- PO1:Computing Knowledge: Ability to develop and implement optimal solutions to complex computing problems using industry-recognized best practices and standards.
- PO2:Problem Analysis: Apply problem-solving and technical skills to analyze complex problems and propose feasible computing solutions using fundamental principles of mathematics and computing sciences.
- PO3:Design/Development of Solutions: Design and develop the solutions to practical and complex engineering problems for welfare of society.
- PO4:Research and Development: Apply research-based knowledge and methodologies to analyze the problem, interpretation of data and synthesis of the information using technical tools.
- PO5:Modern Tool Usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern IT tools including application and modeling to computer applications with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:Innovation and Entrepreneurship: Use innovative approach to develop opportunities to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
- PO7:Environment and Sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional system solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8:Personal and Professional Ethics: Apply ethical decision making in the development, implementation, and management during professional life.
- PO9:Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in both manner, verbally and written, to provide integrated solution to customers/users or peers.
- PO10:Life-Long Learning: Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities adapt themselves with ease to new technologies,
- PSO1:Computer Science   Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core areas of computer science, i.e. networking, data management, software engineering, computer security and artificial intelligence.
- PSO2:Information Technology: To cater to the demands of the IT and IT-enabled sectors through strong theoretical foundation with high quality teaching complemented with extensive practical training.