About the Programme
M.Sc. in Food Science and Technology is a two-year postgraduate programme focused on advancing students fundamental knowledge of food processing food production and food safety. This programme introduces students to specific food nutritional content and encourages them to identify other alternative sources of it.
M.Sc. Food Science and Technology also enlightens students with the genetic engineering of plants and crops. The programme encompasses advanced techniques for exploring how agricultural harvest can be transformed into fuel sources.
In addition the programme also includes a significant level of industrial learning giving students the opportunity to boost their specialist professional skills facilitate independent learning and implement a reflective and practical approach to practice.
Under this programme students gain a close perspective of real-world problems to food science and technology. Students interested in more detailed learning of the subject can apply for higher education.
- PEO1:      Postgraduate will be able to integrate advanced Food Science and Technology concepts through theoretical knowledge and experimental techniques.
- PEO2:      Postgraduate students to lay emphasis on new discoveries and the interdisciplinary nature of research in the field of food technology so that students are motivated to take up research in the form of higher studies or industrial projects.
- PEO3:      Postgraduate enhance the morden practical knowledge of the students by teaching them latest Food Quality analysis advanced techniques and to make them learn the use of these techniques for competitive examinations, betterment of society and food safety.
- PEO4: Postgraduate students will be industry- or academia-ready by inculcating professional ethics, independent thinking, good communication and scientific skills in the students.
- PEO5:      Postgraduate students strengthen the analytical skills and research aptitude of students through continuous learning and by assigning them presentation/ case studies and project work.
- PO1.Knowledge and Skill Set: Students will become proficient in understanding various food preservation techniques and processes. The student will be skilled in latest interdisciplinary Industrial level technical knowledge which will be beneficial for their future research/ employment.
- PO2.Research: Students will be able to independently think and identify a research problem, design experimental protocols to address that problem and analyse statically the results or solutions emanating out of his/ her work.
- PO3.Oral Communication and Scientific Writing: Students will develop sound oral communication skills. They will be able to make and deliver effective presentations. The students will be able to comprehend and write project report/ reviews and / research articles through enhanced learning, reading and writing skills.
- PO4.Food technology, Environment and Society: Student will be able to understand the impact of Food technology on environment and society. Students will be capable of addressing different problems related to food safety and food preservation for food security. Students will be able to develop scientific data and could provide support for Industrial Research and Development with new innovations and techniques applied in food preservation.
- PO5.Ethics:The students will develop and understand the importance of professional ethics. Students will be able to understand the issue of plagiarism in research and importance of copyrights. Students will also gain knowledge about various ethical issues associated with Patent filling.