About the Programme
M.Sc. in Computer Science is a two-year post-graduate programme with the objective to develop human resources with core competence in various thrust areas of Computer Science. The programme includes software engineering, system development, natural computation, mathematical foundations and artificial intelligence. Other modules include programming, data analytics, software development, applied communications, network architecture, and database design. The coursework of the programme focus on preparing students for innovation within major tech companies or entrepreneurship within startup ventures.
Students are provided with opportunities to develop and hone core competency in the field of computer science and encourage them to make a mark in the much sought after IT industry. Guest lectures, case studies and presentations are organised from time to time to give an insight into the latest development and happenings in the industry.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities
- PO1: Computing Knowledge Ability to develop and implement optimal solutions to complex computing problems using industry-recognized best practices and standards.
- PO2: Problem Analysis: Apply problem-solving and technical skills to analyze complex problems and propose feasible computing solutions using fundamental principles of mathematics and computing sciences.
- PO3: Design/Development of Solutions Design and develop the solutions to practical and complex engineering problems for welfare of society.
- PO4: Research and Development Apply research-based knowledge and methodologies to analyze the problem, interpretation of data and synthesis of the information using technical tools.
- PO5: Modern Tool Usage Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern IT tools including application and modeling to computer applications with an  understanding of the limitations.
- PO6: Innovation and Entrepreneurship Use innovative approach to develop opportunities to create value and wealth for the betterment of the individual and society at large.
- PO7: Environment and Sustainability Understand the impact of the professional system solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development.
- PO8: Personal and Professional Ethics Apply ethical decision making in the development, implementation, and management during professional life.
- PO9: Communication: Ability to communicate effectively in both manner, verbally and written, to provide integrated solution to customers/users or peers.
- PO10: Life-Long Learning: Continue the process of life-long learning through professional activities adapt themselves with ease to new technologies,
- PSO1: Computer Science Use and apply current technical concepts and practices in the core areas of computer science, i.e. networking, data management, software engineering, computer security and artificial intelligence.
- PSO2: Information Technology To cater to the demands of the IT and IT-enabled sectors through strong theoretical foundation with high quality teaching complemented with extensive practical training.