About the Programme
M. Sc. in Nursing is a two-year graduate programme meticulously structured to impart in-depth advance knowledge of nursing methodologies and principles. The programme encompasses subjects like Advance Nursing Practice Clinical Specialty and Nursing Management that trains the students to administer the activities of hospitals clinics and assist the staff in carrying out their duties effectively.
M. Sc. in Nursing programme prepares students to work collaboratively evaluate data interpret results think vitally draw logical conclusions and make composite decisions. The curriculum of the programme gives students the opportunities to devise plausible solutions to real-life situations and nursing challenges in an active learning environment.
Under this programme the candidates also learn about the ethical and legal aspects of nursing in the healthcare sector. In addition the emphasis is placed on imparting insights on the commonalities in a variety of diseases. Aspirants also gain a deep understanding of the relationship between diseases and symptoms that help them in identifying the problem.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To prepare the nurses to utilize/apply the knowledge, concepts, theories and principles of nursing sciences and ability to plan and effect change in nursing practice in health care delivery system.
- PEO2: To prepare nurses to demonstrate advance competence in practice of nursing as a nurse specialist.
- PEO3: To prepare nurses to demonstrate leadership qualities and function effectively as nurse educator, supervisor, specialist and manager in within the framework of code of ethics in various health settings.
- PEO4: To prepare nurses to conduct research, interpreting and utilizing the findings to improve the standards of nursing practice in various health settings.
- PEO5: To prepare the nurses to establish collaborative relationship within members of the other discipline and to demonstrate interest in continues learning for personal and professional advancement.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:     Students will develop knowledge, attitude and skills to enhance clinical competence and quality education to improve healthcare quality, safety, and patient outcomes.
- PO2:      Students will be able to apply critical thinking skills and ethical decision making required for advance practice.
- PO3:      Students will have continued learning and will participate in policy and regulatory processes to deliver the effective health services, and to promote the wellbeing of community.
- PO4:      Students will be able to design and apply culturally responsive, patient-centered, evidence-based activities for health improvement of population.
- PO5:     Students will be able to Value the contribution of research in advancing practice in the provision of quality care.
- PSO1:    To incorporate evidence-based nursing practice and identify research in community settings.
- PSO2:    To apply recent technologies and care modalities while delivering community health nursing care.
- PSO3:    Students will be able to use their leadership abilities in organizing community health nursing services by using inter- sectoral approach.