About the Programme
Master of Physiotherapy in  Neurology is a two-year programme with specialisation offered in the fields of Orthopaedics Neurology Cardiology and Sports. It is one of the most demanded courses in modern medical education. Throughout the programme extensive clinical training is given to students to specialise in their respective fields. Master of Physiotherapy provides advanced knowledge in the area of specialization which leads to the development of competency and skills. The programme is designed to use a variety of teaching/learning techniques including lectures case discussions practical exercises lab work field visits seminars journal clubs collabospecialityrative learning group discussions assignments hands-on training internship and dissertation. Physiotherapy subjects include Research Methodology & Biostatistics Biomechanics and students learn about the clinical conditions physiotherapy assessment and advanced techniques in their specialty module.
The programme trains students in resolving impairments and disabilities by promoting mobility and functional ability through examination evaluation diagnosis and physical intervention.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1. Physiotherapy Knowledge: The students will be able to possess knowledge and comprehension of the basic medicine and physiotherapeutic sciences.
- PO2. Understanding: Students will be able to understand the coreconcepts in Physiotherapy   techniques.
- PO3. Thinking ability: Students will be able to develop the skills for assessment in order to   identify, examine and distinguish between various conditions.
- PO4. Application: Students will be able to demonstrate and apply the technical skills to   integrate the core areas of physiotherapy practice.
- PO5. Planning: Students will be able to design and formulate the treatment plan to address to   the needs of patients safely and with appropriate regard to professional and ethical   guidelines.
- PO6. Research: Students will be able to formulate and test a hypothesis.
- PO7.Communication:Graduates will have good leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by   working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either   independently or with a team.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSo’s):
- PSO1:Students will be able to assess and design a treatment plan for patients with   differentconditions.
- PSO2:Students will be able to identify, select and apply advanced physiotherapy techniques for treatment purpose.
- PSO3:Students will be able to design and formulate research which will be beneficial for the advancement in higher studies.