About the Programme
MBA (Banking & Finance) is a two-year postgraduate programme comprehensive & holistic in nature and is geared to fulfil the demand of the industry. The Financial sector in India is undergoing a paradigm shift and is thus in need of qualified professionals. Studying MBA in Banking & finance from Sharda University will make a student learn to analyze financial statements and understand financial forecasting. The programme will familiarize you with topics like financial management corporate finance and aspects of International finance. The focus is on the attainment of technical and behavioural skills in the core functions of the above field.
The objective of the programme is to make students understand the intricacies of ever-growing competition and infusion of technology in this sector. The programme helps develop interpersonal and multicultural teamwork competency while creating an ability to analyze evaluate strategise and implement the same in the Banking and Finance sector. The aim is to provide learning through consultation exploration and research related to Operations Products Instruments Processes etc and offer exposure on handling of the transaction using technology.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Possess professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in management
- PEO2: Develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to take managerial decisions
- PEO3:  Adapt to a rapidly changing complex business environment and keenness to acquire new skills
- PEO4: Become socially responsible and value driven citizens committed to sustainable development
- PEO5: Develop personality and communication skills to operate in multi-cultural environment.
- PEO6: Develop leaders to take decisions and lead teams
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Economic, legal and social environment of Indian business... Graduates are able to improve their awareness sand knowledge about the functioning of the local and global business environments and society. This helps in recognizing the functioning of businesses, identifying potential business opportunities, the evolvement of business enterprises and exploring the entrepreneurial opportunities
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Competencies in quantitative and qualitative techniques. Graduates are expected to develop skills on analyzing the business data, application of relevant analysis, and problem solving in other functional areas such as marketing, business strategy and human resources
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global business and Cross-Cultural Understanding
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Developing responsiveness to contextual social issues / problems and exploring solutions, understanding business ethics and resolving ethical dilemmas. Graduates are expected to identify the contemporary social problems, exploring the opportunities for social entrepreneurship, designing business solutions and demonstrate ethical standards in organizational decision making. Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues and can distinguish ethical and unethical behaviors.
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Usage of various forms of business communication, supported by effective use of appropriate technology, logical reasoning, articulation of ideas. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication especially in business applications, with the use of appropriate technology (business presentations, digital communication, social network platforms and so on).
- PO6: Leadership and Teamwork (LT): Understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams. Graduates are expected to collaborate and lead teams across organizational boundaries and demonstrate leadership qualities, maximize the usage of diverse skills of team members in the related context.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Understanding of Sectorial environment for organizational sustainability.
- PSO2: Acquisition of knowledge, skills and experiential learning in functional areas(s) of management.
- PSO3: Ability to visualize managerial problems and identify various alternatives to solve them.
- PSO4: Ability to apply contemporary tools and techniques.