About the Programme
M. Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering (VLSI Technology) is a two-year post-graduate programme encompassing the advanced study of modern Electronics and Communication techniques. This specialized programme focuses on instilling skills related to design, development, observation, and application of VLSI Technology.
The VLSI Technology program will cover the fundamentals and engineering aspect of designing and developing IC based systems. Traditionally, VLSI technology has emerged out as a successful collection of two streams: namely material science and electrical engineering.
The state of the art VLSI technology requires research in physical devices as well as novel design and development of electrical circuits. The program will focus on developing hands-on skill of designing semiconductor devices and circuits, architecting systems using embedded components such as, CPU, memory and peripherals.
Students will be trained in several topics that cut across different domain, starting from lowermost level of physical devices to the top level of application development. The programme also enhances research and development skills of the students and helps them to incorporate significant learning through practical sessions. Candidates looking for more exposure in this field can enroll for higher studies.
Program Educational  Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1:    Graduates will establish themselves with knowledge and technical skill to match the need of cutting edge technologies in the field of VLSI, Embedded Systems and Digital Communication.
- PEO2: Graduates will be motivated for research and higher education and support their entrepreneurial learning.
- PEO3: Graduates will demonstrate their communication skills and critical reasoning skills to perform responsibilities ethically for the sustainable development of society.
- PEO4:   Graduates will be able to learn and adopt new technologies in a multi- and interdisciplinary work environment for innovative solutions for real world problems.
Program Objectives (POs) :
- PO1:    Engineering knowledge: Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems.
- PO2:  Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences.
- PO3:  Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations.
- PO4:    Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions.
- PO5:  Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modelling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations.
- PO6:  The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice.
- PO7:  Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice.
- PO8:    Individual and team work: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings.
- PO9:    Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments.
- PO10:    Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Objectives (PSOs) :
- PSO-1:  Knowing about recent trends in Advanced Communication security and able to solve real world problem using concepts of digital communication.
- PSO-2:  Ability to adapt to emerging multidisciplinary needs in area of design and prototyping to add further value to the technological world of IC technologies.
- PSO-3:  Knowledge and application of    recent trends in embedded system