About the Programme
Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics is a three-year undergraduate programme offered by Sharda University. Nutrition & Dietetics is a subdiscipline of Medicine that focuses on all the aspects of food and its effects on human bodies.   The programme   is focused on   the study of food management and promotion of health through healthy food.This essentially involves an advanced learning in ways to enhance the quality of life and overall well-being through dietary modifications.
The programme is divided into six semesters of six months each. The programme involves an advanced study of the necessary nutrients needed by the body in order to function properly and the food items that are rich in them. This is a comprehensive programme with a curriculum that combines the science of nutrition with a broader view of wellness community and environment.
The programme imparts insights into nutritional matters and food habits and elaborates learning about how nutritional habits can improve human health.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To impart knowledge and develop capacities of the students in Clinical Nutrition.
- PEO2: To develop students to become health care professionals for services in various fields of clinical nutrition and related areas such as hospitals, academics, research, industry, community service.
- PEO3: To enable them to pursue higher education and research in Clinical Nutrition and
- Food Science
- PEO4: To enable the students to learn the methods of assessing human nutritional requirements, nutritional assessment and diet planning for the community.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Nutrition and Human body Knowledge: Possess knowledge and comprehension of the core information associated with the profession of Dietetics, including food science, physiology and human anatomy, nutritional biochemistry, nutrition science, behavioral, social and planning diets for therapeutic conditions.
- PO2: Thinking Abilities: Utilize the principles of scientific inquiry, thinking analytically, clearly and critically, while solving problems and making decisions during daily practice. Find,
- analyse, evaluate and apply information systematically and shall make defensible decisions.
- PO3: Environment and sustainability ability : To understand the basic knowledge of environment and chemistry, its implications, and energy resource conservation.
- PO4: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex nutritional activities with the community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentation and give receive clear instruction.
- PO5: Professional Identity and Planning abilities: understand, analyse and communicate the value of their professional roles in society as community worker, nutritional product developers,
- PO6: Nutritional Product Development: develop nutritional rich products after analysing their nutritional and sensory qualities to increase nutritional status of population
- PO7: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibility and norms of dietician practice