About the Programme
B. Sc. Forensic Science is a three year programme related to forensic science in the broad areas of Biology Chemistry Law and Methods of Forensic Investigation imparting students with skills necessary to carry out independent projects. The programme offers both theoretical and practical knowledge in every area of criminalistics which demonstrates proficiencies in laboratory skills like forensic molecular biology forensic chemistry and toxicology.
This programme is about Forensic science under which students study about crimes & crime scene and also related techniques & tools used in solving any crime along with all Lab techniques and evidence collection techniques. They study about the methods of investigation for every type of crime scene and also their lab examination to identify the main culprit. Apart from that they also study about the Laws Criminal Psychology and techniques used. Students also get the live exposure to the crime scene and evidence examination in different labs during their Internship.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO1: To gain a knowledge of basic science application in forensic field.
- PEO1: To gain knowledge of forensic examination of evidences and investigation of all types of evidences
- PEO1: Develop a conceptual understanding of criminal justice systems, rule of evidence, legal system.
- PEO1: They can apply their knowledge of forensic science in different Investigative agencies.
- PEO1 Laboratory skills to exacting standards of precision and care.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Ability to acquire and apply knowledge and understanding of the chemical principles
- PO2: Ability to demonstrate thorough knowledge, understanding and skills in application of scientific methodology to undertake and report on experimental investigation.
- PO3: Possess high awareness of major issues and development of chemical research andcompetent in initiating, developing, and pursuing a scientific research.
- PO4: Ability to present technical, scientific and forensic information and arguments clearly and correctly, in written and oral presentation
- PO5: Ability to portray good interpersonal skills with high ability to work collaboratively as part of a team undertaking a range of different team roles
- PO6: Ability to act with integrity and good ethics in their profession and their obligation to society
- PO7: Ability to seek new knowledge, skills and manage relevant information from various sources.
- PO8: Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills in analyzing and identifying business opportunities.
- PO9: Ability to demonstrate leadership, to take action and to get others involved.
- PSO1: This programme is an application-based programme where all the main stream science subject- Biology, Physics and chemistry are applied for the scientific investigation of crime.
- PSO2: It is a multidisciplinary, versatile and result oriented subject which dealt with different branches of science as well as law, medicine, medical jurisprudence and
- PSO3: Forensic techniques are used to process sample and evidences to solve crime.