About the Programme
B.Sc. (Hons) in Food Science Nutrition and Technology is a three-year undergraduate programme streamlined with an aim to help students to understand the procedures of food production and how these can be improved to produce healthier products.
The coursework focuses on imparting in-depth knowledge of both scientific and technical methodologies which help in understanding the nature of raw food materials. While studying B.Sc. (H) Food Science Nutrition and Technology the students attain knowledge exuding the methods of maintaining and regulating hygiene and preservation to make food worthy of consumption. Students are trained to conduct experiments and detect the nutritional proportion of elements. They are also taught the fundamentals of food intake helping them gain knowledge about diet and fitness.
Aspirants seeking to learn more about the Food Science Nutrition and Technology can enrol for higher studies such as M.Sc. (H) Food Science Nutrition and Technology and Ph.D
- PEO1:      The graduate students will understand of various food preservation techniques and concepts and phenomena in the minds of students through theoretical and practical knowledge.
- PEO2:      Graduate students will upgrade with new discoveries in Food Science and inculcate continuous learning and self-improvement so that students are motivated for higher studies and research.
- PEO3:      Graduate students will be taught various Food Standards and techniques as well as applications of these techniques for betterment of society and the environment.
- PEO4:      Graduate students will be industry- or academia-ready by developing independent thinking, good communication and scientific skills and to acquaint them with professional ethics so that they can work well in an industrial or academic environment.
- PEO5:      Graduate students will understand the interdisciplinary nature of research in Food Sciences/Food Safety by assigning them different research projects/ case studies/ presentations.
- PO1: Knowledge: Students will develop a sound understanding of the Food PreserveTechniques and processes.
- PO2: Skill Set Development: The student will be skilled in various Food QualityAnalysis techniques that will enhance the employability of the students.
- PO3: Oral Communication and Scientific Writing: The students will be able to demonstrate good oral communication. Students will also be knowledgeable about writing technical (project report and reviews) content.
- PO4: Environment and Sustainable Development: Students will be able to realize the effect of human malpractices on the environment and the need and importance of sustainable development.
- PO5: Ethics, Independent Thinking, and Team Work: The students will develop professional ethics and also gain knowledge about various ethical issues associated with Food Science and Technology. Students will learn to think and analyze a problem independently while at the same time realizing the importance of team work in carrying out successful research/ projects/ presentations.