About the Programme
B.Sc. in Computer Science is a three-year undergraduate programme that focuses on the discipline of computer science. The programme covers important topics related to computer science such as – Coding, Programming languages, Computer Hardware and Software, Networking, Database Management, Information Technology, Mathematics, Statistics and Electronics.
This programme equips students with the skills needed to contribute to this exciting and rapidly evolving field. It is this combination of skills that enable our graduates to keep pace with this fast-moving subject and secure rewarding careers that can be pursued almost anywhere in the world. The students acquire technical knowledge, skills and background for designing and organisation of computer systems.
The programme helps the students in their ability to critically evaluate design paradigms, languages, algorithms, and techniques used to develop complex software systems. They also learn to evaluate and respond to opportunities for developing and exploiting new technologies.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:Computing knowledge: Understand the basic principles and methods of computer science for solving complex computing problems.
- PO2: Problem Analysis and Design of solutions Analyze and formulate a problem, evaluate a computing-based solution to meet a given set of requirements using software development concepts.
- PO3: Modern tool usage: Ability to select and apply current techniques and modern IT Tools for innovative software solutions.
- PO4: Technical Skill Development To develop and sharpen programming, networking, and other computer science skills required in the field of study/ higher education.
- PO5: Societal Concern: Utilize the role of computing for solving real life problems and to analyze its global impact on individuals, organizations, and society.
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability:
- Actively involved with knowledge, skills and right attitude in environmental context for sustainable development.
- PO7: Ethics: Recognize ethical principles and moral values for the computing profession in global economic environment.
- PO8: Individual and team work Ability to function effectively as an individual or a team member engaged in accomplishes a common goal.
- PO9: Communication: Development of good communication skills in both written and verbal form to convey technical information effectively and accurately.
- PO10: Life-long learning: Ability to recognize the need of training and skills to engage in self-regulating and life-long learning.
- PSO1: Computer Science Provide effective and efficient solutions to real life problems using acquired knowledge in Data Mining, graph theory, advanced DBMS and other computer science concepts for continued professional development.
- PSO2: Information Technology
- Explore and provide software solutions of complex problems using information technology concepts like Enterprise Resource Planning, network security, IT infrastructure management.