About the Programme
B.Sc. (Hons) in Chemistry is a three-year undergraduate programme designed for students to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in different disciplines of chemistry. The programme consists of core theory along with laboratory programme as well as ability enhancement elective (AEEC) and compulsory (AECC) courses such as Computer Science and Functional English respectively. The programme comprises six semesters with 143 Credits.
The curriculum includes Core Courses(CC) as well as Discipline Specific Elective (DSE) and Generic Elective (GE) programmes and laboratory practicals. The programme also includes two courses offered by Physics and Mathematics Department. B. Sc Chemistry
Programme also includes Discipline Specific programme (DSE) and offers research project on an individual basis.
The programme provides guidance from leading professors to conduct extensive laboratory research projects and explore the chemical phenomena properties and reactivity. B.Sc. General degree is designed to provide a broad view of the discipline and can be followed with expertise in a special field.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1:   Providing distinctive and relevant education in chemistry and biochemistry to students.
- PEO 2: Motivating young minds to acquire theoretical knowledge and practical skills in different disciplines of chemistry and empowering them with problem solving skills through innovative teaching methods.
- PEO 3: Promoting scholarly research work and innovation among faculties and students.
- PEO 4: Encouraging interdisciplinary research in collaboration with National/ International laboratories.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Ability to gain the knowledge of chemical principles with a thorough understanding in chemistry and its sub-discipline such as analytical, organic, inorganic and physical.
- PO2: Capacity to identify the problems and formulate the strategy to find the solution by
- applying analytical and rational thinking.
- PO3: Capability to combine the knowledge in Chemistry with mathematics, physics and biology to solve problems of interdisciplinary nature.
- PO4: Competency in using modern library search tools to locate and retrieve scientific information.