About the Programme
B. Sc. in Cardiovascular technology (B.Sc-CVT) is a 4-year program including  internship designed to cover all aspects of cardiovascular disease management and care. Learning of complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures that involve use of various equipments computer hardware tools machines and pharmacological agents are part of the programme that enable students to acquire skills for management of various cardiac disorders. Cardiac Technologists assist physicians in diagnosing and treating cardiac (heart) and peripheral vascular (blood vessel) conditions preparing patients for open-heart surgery implanting pacemakers monitoring patients during these procedures performing cardiac stress tests and electrocardiograms using and maintaining the medical equipment that catches irregular heartbeats working in laboratory settings on real patients management of various cardiac disorders having complex diagnostic and therapeutic procedures. Cardiac Technologists use diagnostic cardiology equipment and monitor resultant data typically in assistance to a physician. During cardiovascular testing a tube is inserted into one of the blood vessels that carries blood into the heart.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
A under graduate student having qualified the BSc Cardiovascular Technology course should be able to:
- PEO1: B.Sc CVT program enables students to become a trained, qualified cardiovascular technician capable of working independently or in association with a higher setup.
- PEO2: After the completion of program, candidates become well known in techniques such as Electrocardiography, Echocardiography, Treadmill test/Stress test, Doppler ultrasonography and contrast Echo.
- PEO3: Graduate will integrate knowledge and skills of cardiovascular technology to provide healthcare solutions for the benefit of the society.
- PEO4: After the completion of program, graduate become well-prepared for work associated with assisting cardiac surgeons, cardio -thoracic surgeons and cardiologists in tertiary care
- hospitals and others.
- PEO5: Graduate will be supportive, informative and providing in necessary information regarding good cardiac health for society and community and continuously improving his/ her
- knowledge and abilities.
- PEO6: Graduates will have a good leadership qualities and entrepreneur skills by working and communicating effectively in interdisciplinary environment, either independently or with a team.
BCVT Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Define and describe human cardiovascular and its related system in relation to various disease.
- PO2: Distinguish and classify various cardiovascular disorder.
- PO3: Apply knowledge of human cardiovascular and its related system in the diagnosis, cardiovascular disorder, related disorder its management& apply the knowledge and skills to assess and solve societal and legal issues related to cardiovascular care of the patients
- PO4: Utilize modern tools and techniques in the field of cardiovascular technology for patient compliance.
- PO5: Tackle future challenges through lifelong learning and training process related to cardiac health.
- PO6: Evolve ethical practices and moral values in personal and professional endeavors.
- PO7: Regular learning the use of modern tools and techniques for the efficient management of cardiovascular diseases and related disorder.
- PSO1:B.Sc. CVT program enables students to understand disease, acquire skills regarding diagnosis and its management of various cardiac diseases.
- PSO2: The CVT’s primary role is to perform maneuvers, diagnostic test according to direction of a qualified physician and helping him/ her in the diagnosis and treatment of cardiovascular injury and disease. 6SU/SAHS/BCVT
- PSO3: After completion of the program students will be able to apply specialized occupational theory, skills and concepts to work independently as qualified cardiovascular technologist and becomes an integral member of the cardiac cath. lab and electrophysiology lab teams.