About the Programme
Bachelor of Computer Application is a three-year undergraduate program aimed to shape students in contemporary knowledge of fundamentals to comprehend applicative technology towards efficient solutions for industrial and real-life problems.
The course curriculum inculcates social awareness, communication skills & professionalism to work as a team in maintaining diverse environments towards the betterment of society.
To foster creativity and innovative thinking by addressing design and developmental trade-offs in the IT industry for providing a real-time solution as lifelong learning is the primary objective of this programme.
It comprises of subjects like database, networking, data structure, core programming languages like ‘C’ and ‘java’.
Software engineering is a unique and scientific field that includes all aspects of software production from business strategy to design and coding, testing, quality and management of large-scale complex software systems. Software engineers develop video games, internet applications, run computer networks and implement computer security measures for an organization.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO-1 The graduates will establish themselves as professionals by solving real-life problems using exploratory and analytical skills acquired in the field of Computer Science and Engineering.
- PEO-2 The graduates will provide sustainable solutions to ever changing interdisciplinary global problems through their Research & Innovation capabilities.
- PEO-3 The graduates will become employable, successful entrepreneur as an outcome of Industry-Academia collaboration.
- PEO-4 The graduates will embrace professional code of ethics while providing solution to multidisciplinary social problems in industrial, entrepreneurial and research environment to demonstrate leadership qualities.l.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Computing knowledge Apply the knowledge of computing fundamentals to Identify, formulate, and solve problems in the areas of computer applications.
- PO2: Problem Analysis and Design of solutions Apply analytical skills in solving computer based problems using fundamentals of computer science and application domains.
- PO3: Modern tool usage: Ability to select and apply modern IT Tools and technologies for innovative software solutions and applications.
- PO4: Technical Skill Development To develop and sharpen their IT/ programming, networking and data management skills required for identifying problems and issues relating to the????Disciplinary area and field of study/ higher education.
- PO5: Societal Concern: Recognize & appreciate the role of computing to design state-of-the-art methodologies for solving real life problems for the betterment of the society.
- PO6: Environment and Sustainability Actively involved with knowledge, skills and right attitude to give sustainable solutions for the benefit of environment.
- PO7: Ethics: Pertain ethical principles and entrust to professional ethics and responsibilities in a global economic environment.
- PO8: Individual and team work Ability to work effectively as an individual, and in assorted teams.
- PO9: Communication: Development of good communication skills in both written and verbal form in a substantial technical manner.
- PO10: Life-long learning Ability to engage in independent and life-long learning through professional activities.
- PSO1: Multimedia Applications Professionally trained in the areas of multimedia, animation, web designing, effective media management, and to acquire knowledge in various domain multimedia applications.
- PSO2: Develop competence in the field of, system analysis and design, multimedia and graphics, web design, data & information security, networking, and recent areas of cloud computing.