Faculty Development Programme on STRUCTURAL EQUATION MODELING from 28th November to 2nd December, 2020
27 Oct 2020
THEME OF THE FACULTY DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME (FDP):
Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) is a statistical methodology that is widely used in social sciences research (especially marketing, organizational behavior, human resource management, psychology, behavioral nance and behavioral economics). SEM was introduced in 1970s and combines psychometrics with econometrics. On the psychometric side, SEM allows for latent variables with multiple indicators. On the econometric side, SEM allows for multiple equations, possibly with feedback loops. SEM models are so general that they encompass most of the statistical methods that are currently used in the social and behavioral sciences. SEM allows a researcher to test complex models with multiple pathways, model latent variables with multiple indicators, investigate mediation and moderation in a systematic way and adjust for measurement error in predictor variables. This workshop shall provide the participants a general introduction to SEM. The workshop will be based on a combination of theoretical and practiceoriented sessions that will provide working knowledge of R, a statistical software.
Upon the completion of this FDP, the participants would be able to:
1. Understand analysis techniques like conrmatory factor analysis, path analysis and structural equation modeling (SEM).
2. Understand concepts like mediation and moderation testing used in the design and conduct of management research.
3. Get hands-on training on statistical analysis package R and R-studio
Registration Link: https://forms.gle/zjg3tHfE2U76ofpt9
- Registration will close on November 15, 2020 or when the seats of the FDP are lled (whichever is earlier).
- Please check the availability of seats by clicking on the registration link before making the payment as the FDP has limited seats (100 in number).
- The registration will be purely on first-come-first-serve basis.
- FDP will be held through the online video-conferencing platform Zoom.
- The link and password will be provided to the participants after they have registered for the FDP.
- Only registered participants will receive the link and the password on their registered e-mail addresses.