Humanities & Social Sciences
Ph.D. English is a doctoral programme that offers advanced study and research in the English language. The programme lays focus on literary theory, translation studies, Indian literature, gender studies, linguistics, visual arts, the literature of discovery, cultural encounter literature & science, postcolonial literature, modernism & postmodernism film studies, and cultural studies.
The coursework of the programme covers major periods, genres, authors, and a wide range of methodological and theoretical approaches. The literary theory and methodology module help students establish the core methods and problems of the dissertation project. An active group of students & faculty and extensive campus resources ensure that the aspirants are well-supported in the atmosphere throughout their programmes.
List of Programm Offered (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Ph.D in Political Science
- Ph.D in Sociology
- Ph.D in English
- Ph.D in Psychology
- Ph.D in History
Application & Admission Process
- Step-1: Fill the Online Application Form
- Step 2: Confirm Programme/Specialisation, generate your System ID
- Step 3: Complete Additional details/Educational Details & Upload photo signature & Documents
- Step 4: Proceed with the payment of the application fee i.e. INR 1500 /-
- Step-5: Online Enterance Exam (In the case, Ph.D application approved)
Candidates with valid selection from NET / GATE / SET / UET / any other equivalent test conducted by GOI accredited agency (to be decided by the selection committee) are exempted from entrance test and get preference in selection.
- Step-6: Interview
Programme Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 75000/-|
|International Student Tuition Fee ( Full Time and Part-Time )||$ 5000/-|
|Admission and Exam Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 25000/- (Non-Refundable)|
- A candidate must have cleared post-graduate (PG) degree or equivalent of minimum duration of 2 years from a UGC recognized Indian / foreign university in respective discipline with score of minimum 55% or equivalent CGPA. A 5% relaxation in score for SC/ST/OBC i.e minimum of 50% in PG degree or equivalent CGPA is allowed.
Programme Duration- Min. 3 Years
|S.No.||Academic year||Curricula Link|