Sharda University's doctoral basic science programmes provide in-depth knowledge of scientific fields such as mathematics, physics, chemistry, and biology. These programmes train students to devise experimental protocols and conduct self-directed research to contribute to the solution of a significant scientific problem. In addition, these programmes also offer factual knowledge with problem-solving skills. All the programmes are embedded in a mature and highly sophisticated research culture to ensure the multi-dimensional growth of the students.
Certain norms and procedures are strictly adhered to while assigning the research supervisors to the candidates admitted in the doctoral basic science programmes. Any violation of these norms or procedures shall result in the University taking serious steps like disqualification of student's candidature.
List of Programm Offered (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Ph.D in Chemistry and Biochemistry
- Ph.D in Environmental Science
- Ph.D in Physics
- Ph.D in Mathematics
- Ph.D in Food Science and Technology
- Ph.D in Life Sciences
Application & Admission Process
- Step-1: Fill the Online Application Form
- Step 2: Confirm Programme/Specialisation, generate your System ID
- Step 3: Complete Additional details/Educational Details & Upload photo signature & Documents
- Step 4: Proceed with the payment of the application fee i.e. INR 1500 /-
- Step-5: Online Enterance Exam (In the case, Ph.D application approved)
Candidates with valid selection from NET / GATE / SET / UET / any other equivalent test conducted by GOI accredited agency (to be decided by the selection committee) are exempted from entrance test and get preference in selection.
- Step-6: Interview
Programme Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 75000/-|
|International Student Tuition Fee ( Full Time and Part-Time )||$ 5000/-|
|Admission and Exam Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 25000/- (Non-Refundable)|
- A candidate must have cleared post-graduate (PG) degree or equivalent of minimum duration of 2 years from a UGC recognized Indian / foreign university in respective discipline with score of minimum 55% or equivalent CGPA. A 5% relaxation in score for SC/ST/OBC i.e minimum of 50% in PG degree or equivalent CGPA is allowed.
Programme Duration- Min. 3 Years
|S.No.||Academic year||Curricula Link|