The Ph.D. programme in Agriculture offers advanced studies related to plants, animals, and farming, focusing on new Research & Development. This programme includes research work and culminates with a dissertation presented to academic committees. The programme curriculum comprises research into agricultural systems and practices ranging from the science of plant and animal production to agricultural policy and decision-making, focusing on alternative crops, regional knowledge, and rural development.
During the programme, Students are motivated to interact with the farmers and participate actively in seminars, symposia, conferences, and workshops under the guidance of distinguished and highly qualified faculty with Doctoral and Post-Doctoral research experience and excellent track record in teaching in the current areas of Agriculture.
List of Programm Offered (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Entomology
- Ph.D in Agricultural Nematology
- Ph.D in Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Ph.D in Horticulture
Application & Admission Process
- Step-1: Fill the Online Application Form
- Step 2: Confirm Programme/Specialisation, generate your System ID
- Step 3: Complete Additional details/Educational Details & Upload photo signature & Documents
- Step 4: Proceed with the payment of the application fee i.e. INR 1500 /-
- Step-5: Online Enterance Exam (In the case, Ph.D application approved)
Candidates with valid selection from NET / GATE / SET / UET / any other equivalent test conducted by GOI accredited agency (to be decided by the selection committee) are exempted from entrance test and get preference in selection.
- Step-6: Interview
Programme Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 75000/-|
|International Student Tuition Fee ( Full Time and Part-Time )||$ 5000/-|
|Admission and Exam Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 25000/- (Non-Refundable)|
- A candidate must have cleared post-graduate (PG) degree or equivalent of minimum duration of 2 years from a UGC recognized Indian / foreign university in respective discipline with score of minimum 55% or equivalent CGPA. A 5% relaxation in score for SC/ST/OBC i.e minimum of 50% in PG degree or equivalent CGPA is allowed.
Programme Duration- Min. 3 Years
Rs.1500 /- (Rupees One Thousand Five Hundred Only)
Last date of submission of Application
22-01-2021 ( Friday) 5.00 PM
Date of Entrance Test
Date of Interview
01-02-2021 (Monday) onward
Admissions to various Ph.D. programs (full-time and part-time) in January 2021 of Sharda University will be made strictly according to merit and availability of seats through Entrance Test followed by Interview. Ph.D. Ordinance 2019 (available on university website) of Sharda University governs the Ph.D. Program. Full-time eligible students may get Fellowship cum Assistantship as per Sharda University rules. Applications are invited on prescribed application form only, which can be filled online/collecting hard copy from University/downloading application and sending complete form along with the Demand Draft of Rs.1500/- (One Thousand Five Hundred Only) in favor of Sharda University, payable at Greater Noida. For Further Contact: Ph. No.: 0120-4622999 (Ext. 2310), Mob: Contact (9 AM-5 PM): +91-8249415702, 8178497575, Email ID- firstname.lastname@example.org