Ph.D in Agriculture
The Ph.D. programme in Agriculture offers advanced studies related to plants, animals, and farming, focusing on new Research & Development. This programme includes research work and culminates with a dissertation presented to academic committees. The programme curriculum comprises research into agricultural systems and practices ranging from the science of plant and animal production to agricultural policy and decision-making, focusing on alternative crops, regional knowledge, and rural development.
During the programme, Students are motivated to interact with the farmers and participate actively in seminars, symposia, conferences, and workshops under the guidance of distinguished and highly qualified faculty with Doctoral and Post-Doctoral research experience and excellent track record in teaching in the current areas of Agriculture.
List of Programm Offered (Full Time/Part-Time)
- Ph.D. in Agricultural Entomology
- Ph.D in Agricultural Nematology
- Ph.D in Plant Breeding & Genetics
- Ph.D in Horticulture
Application & Admission Process
- Step-1: Fill the Online Application Form
- Step 2: Confirm Programme/Specialisation, generate your System ID
- Step 3: Complete Additional details/Educational Details & Upload photo signature & Documents
- Step 4: Proceed with the payment of the application fee i.e. INR 1500 /-
- Step-5: Online Enterance Exam (In the case, Ph.D application approved)
Candidates with valid selection from NET / GATE / SET / UET / any other equivalent test conducted by GOI accredited agency (to be decided by the selection committee) are exempted from entrance test and get preference in selection.
- Step-6: Interview
Programme Fee Structure
|Tuition Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 75000/-|
|International Student Tuition Fee ( Full Time and Part-Time )||$ 5000/-|
|Admission and Exam Fees ( Full Time and Part-Time )||Rs. 25000/- (Non-Refundable)|
- A candidate must have cleared post-graduate (PG) degree or equivalent of minimum duration of 2 years from a UGC recognized Indian / foreign university in respective discipline with score of minimum 55% or equivalent CGPA. A 5% relaxation in score for SC/ST/OBC i.e minimum of 50% in PG degree or equivalent CGPA is allowed.
Programme Duration- Min. 3 Years