Dr. Ashok Kumar obtained his M.Sc. (Integrated) from I.I.T. Kanpur in physics, and Ph.D. in solar & space physics from Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland (USA). Dr. Kumar has research experiences at Stanford University, Palo Alto, California (USA) in Microfluidics, and at Massachusetts General Hospital & Harvard Medical School, Boston in Medical Imaging.
- M. Sc. (Integrated) in Physics, Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur, U.P., India (1989)
- M.A. in Physics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland (USA) (1991)
- Ph. D. in Solar & Space Physics, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, Maryland (USA) (1996)
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Medical Image processing
- Big Data analytics
- Artificial Neural Networkd, Deep Learning
- Optics, Ultrasonics, Microfluidics, Space Physics
POSTDOCTORAL RESEARCH EXPERIENCE
- Research Fellow, Dept. of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital & joint appointment with Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts, USA, (February 2003 - July 2008)
- Post-Doctoral Fellow, Dept. of Radiology, Indiana University Medical School, Indianapolis (USA) , (July 2002 – February 2003)
- Research Associate, Dept. of Mechanical Engineering, Stanford University, Palo Alto, California (USA) (February 1999 - February 2000)
- R&D Engineer, Product Development Department (building a Flow Cytometer), DiaSorin Inc. , Stillwater, Minnesota (USA) (March 1998 – January 1999), Ultrasonics and optics.
- Applied Physicist, Technology Group, Sienna Biotech Inc., Columbia, Maryland (USA) (February 1997 – February 1998), (building a Flow Cytometer), Optics and Ultrasonics
School: School of Basic Sciences & Research