- Applications Developer
- Systems Engineer
- Software Engineer
- System Software Developer
- Database Programmer/Designer
- Computer Animation Expert
- Quality Assurance Specialist
- Systems Analyst
- Computer Science - Lecturer
- Information Security Specialist
Career Path 1: Designing & implementing System Software.
- It can be done exclusively by Computer Science graduates with good I.Q. and conceptual knowledge of each subject studied.
- A passion for working with the low level & high level languages and aptitude to use new Modeling Language tools can help achieve the aim.
- One can work for companies such as Microsoft and HP.
Career Path 2: Devising new ways to use computers.
- This refers to innovation in the application of computer technology.
- A career path in this area can involve advanced graduate work, followed by a position in a research University or industrial research and development laboratory.
- It can involve entrepreneurial activity such as was evident during the dot-com boom of the 1990s or it can involve a combination of the two.
Career Path 3: Developing effective ways to solve computing problems.
- This refers to the application or development of computer science theory and knowledge of algorithms to ensure the best possible solutions for computationally intensive problems.
- As a practical matter, a career path in the development of new computer science theory typically requires graduate work to the Ph.D. level, followed by a position in a research or an industrial research and development laboratory.
Corporates such as TCS, Wipro, Infosys, Satyam, L & T Infotech, HCL visit the University campus every year and recruit students from 3rd &4th Year in large numbers. The University has developed special modules to prepare the students to appear for written examinations given by these companies. These modules are handled by its own senior faculty members. The University has hired private enterprises who deal in Personality Development and prepares young students for Group Discussions.
The industry offers packages ranging from 3.0 to 4.5 Lacs per annum. In about 3 to 4 years, the earnings of these youngsters get doubled. For those trained in niche areas of software development such as ERP, VLSI & chip design or in MNCs of repute, the offering from industry is Rs. 4 to 8 Lacs per annum at entry level. Almost 50% of the demand is from the Banking, Finance, Securities, Investment, and Insurance sector.