About the Programme
M.Sc. in Water Resource and Environmental Management is a two-year postgraduate programme designed to strengthen and deepen the interdisciplinary skills and knowledge of students in water management. This programme emphasises the management and development of land water and related resources without compromising the sustainability of other vital resources of our planet. The students will experience a relatively new and unique approach to manage water resources effectively.
This interdisciplinary programme deals with scientific and policy aspect of the subject at different levels (local regional and global). The students opting for this programme will be nurtured to become efficient managers who are well-equipped to understand complex water challenges and to develop functional and practical solutions related to water and sanitation problems around the globe.
Students can opt for pursuing further programmes like MPhil. And PH.D in civil environmental or structural engineering after specialising in water resources.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
- PEO 1:   To prepare students for advanced studies in water resources its management and conservation
- PEO2:   To help students to understand the concept and various advance techniques employed for wastewater treatment, reuse and recovery.
- PEO 3: To expose the students to the practical aspects of physicochemical parameters of water by means of qualitative, quantitative and advance instrumentation techniques.
- PEO 4: To develop the ability to communicate scientific and technical information in written and oral formats.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1: Gained knowledge, abilities and conceptual insight into various environmental processes, environmental toxicology and pollution issues its control measures and various environmental related policies and law.
- PO2: Competency to work effectively and safely in a laboratory environment.
- PO3: Developed communication skills, both written and oral, for specific audiences specialized in the area of hydrology, toxicology solid waste and wastewater treatment.
- PO4: Acquired the skills of planning and frame strategies to deal with various types of pollution problem in general and   treatment and detoxification of wastewater specifically.
- PSO1: Global level research opportunities to pursue Ph.D. programme in the related or allied area.
- PSO2: Become proficient in various advance waste water treatment techniques, toxicological studies, develop skill in drafting EIA report, and capable to understand and make use of GIS and remote sensing technology in various environmental related applications.
- PSO3: Qualitative and quantitative assessment of water and air quality through various instrumentation techniques.
- PSO4: The broad education necessary to understand and critically analyzing various pollution related problems in a global and societal context.