About the Programme
MBA- Entrepreneurship & Family Business is a two-year undergraduate programme with a purpose to support family-owned businesses in recognising the changing dynamics of the business environment after liberalisation, privatisation and globalisation. The objective of this programme is to develop family business successors as enterprising and knowledgeable owners of their businesses along with inculcating entrepreneurial characteristics in them so that they contribute to the productivity and growth of their enterprises and economy of the country.
A unique tailor-made curriculum for students helps them to equip themselves with the knowledge of modern management concepts and practices and enables them to meet the new age challenges and seize emerging business opportunities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- PEO1: Possess professional skills for employment and lifelong learning in management
- PEO2: Develop creative, innovative and entrepreneurial mindset to take managerial decisions
- PEO3:  Adapt to a rapidly changing complex business environment and keenness to acquire new skills
- PEO4: Become socially responsible and value driven citizens committed to sustainable development
- PEO5: Develop personality and communication skills to operate in multi-cultural environment.
- PEO6: Develop leaders to take decisions and lead teams
- PO1: Business Environment and Domain Knowledge (BEDK): Economic, legal and social environment of Indian business... Graduates are able to improve their awareness sand knowledge about the functioning of the local and global business environments and society. This helps in recognizing the functioning of businesses, identifying potential business opportunities, the evolvement of business enterprises and exploring the entrepreneurial opportunities
- PO2: Critical thinking, Business Analysis, Problem Solving and Innovative Solutions (CBPI): Competencies in quantitative and qualitative techniques. Graduates are expected to develop skills on analyzing the business data, application of relevant analysis, and problem solving in other functional areas such as marketing, business strategy and human resources
- PO3: Global Exposure and Cross-Cultural Understanding (GECCU): Demonstrate a global outlook with the ability to identify aspects of the global business and Cross-Cultural Understanding
- PO4: Social Responsiveness and Ethics (SRE): Developing responsiveness to contextual social issues / problems and exploring solutions, understanding business ethics and resolving ethical dilemmas. Graduates are expected to identify the contemporary social problems, exploring the opportunities for social entrepreneurship, designing business solutions and demonstrate ethical standards in organizational decision making. Demonstrate awareness of ethical issues and can distinguish ethical and unethical behaviors.
- PO5: Effective Communication (EC): Usage of various forms of business communication, supported by effective use of appropriate technology, logical reasoning, articulation of ideas. Graduates are expected to develop effective oral and written communication especially in business applications, with the use of appropriate technology (business presentations, digital communication, social network platforms and so on).
- PO6: Leadership and Teamwork (LT): Understanding leadership roles at various levels of the organization and leading teams. Graduates are expected to collaborate and lead teams across organizational boundaries and demonstrate leadership qualities, maximize the usage of diverse skills of team members in the related context.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1: Understanding of Sectorial environment for organizational sustainability.
- PSO2: Acquisition of knowledge, skills and experiential learning in functional areas(s) of management.
- PSO3: Ability to visualize managerial problems and identify various alternatives to solve them.
- PSO4: Ability to apply contemporary tools and techniques.