About the Programme
BBA HRM is a three-year undergraduate degree in human resource management. This programme combines the study of management techniques along with specialised and expert training in Human Resource and Personnel Management. It provides fundamental training to the students about handling and managing human resources by covering different aspects of HRM like job analysis, training and development, workforce planning, compensation, performance and legal issues of a company.
The programme aims to produce graduates who will manage issues related to the organisational environment and have the ability to apply conceptual principles methods and tools to solve business-related problems.
The curriculum of Human Resource Management is designed to develop skills in the management functions of strategic and human resource planning, compensation, recruitment, training and development, career planning, organisational effectiveness, employee relations, and collective bargaining. Post completion of this programme, a person can opt for an MBA in the same specialisation or they have an option to pursue M.Phil in the same field.
The Program Educational objective of the BBA of SBS is:
- PEO1: To provide students with basic theoretical knowledge and understanding of organizations, their management and the environment in which they operate.
- PEO2: To provide students with the first-hand experience of a managerial and/or management-related role and of how organizations operate in practice.
- PEO3: To provide students with an integrated understanding of the important functions within management and the way in which they interact and acquire new skills.
- PEO4: To develop students' critical analysis of and reflection upon management issues and their ability to undertake serious, deep and well-rounded research in selected areas.
- PEO5: To prepare students for a career in management or management-related fields and develop their capability to contribute to society at large.
- PEO6: To enhance students' lifelong learning skills, communication skills and personal development.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:  Ability to apply the knowledge of business and management concepts to address the various managerial issues and complex problems by investigating and analyzing the problem’s situation and context.
- PO2: Understand the impact of professional business decisions and solutions in the societal and environmental context and also demonstrate knowledge towards sustainability.
- PO3:  Demonstrate thinking skills, creativity and innovation orientation in understanding and addressing the issues relating to the global business environment.
- PO4:  Apply ethical policies and practices of the profession to be socially responsible and ethical management professional.
- PO5:  Exhibit leadership behavior, interpersonal & cross-cultural skills, communication skills and a commitment towards lifelong learning.
- PO6:  Apply and practice their entrepreneurial knowledge, skills, and traits to become self-employed and job creators.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1:  To develop conceptual and analytical skills and learn to work