About the Programme
BBA Banking & Finance is a three-year undergraduate programme designed to prepare the students for a professional qualification in banking and provides a solid base in the field of banking and finance. During this programme, the students are imparted with the knowledge of core subjects like Financial Accounting, Business Economics, Business Mathematics, Principles of Management etc. along with some specialised courses like Business Taxation, Indian Banking System, Security Analysis and Investment Management in the area of Banking and Finance.
This programme is structured so that the students not only get the knowledge of fundamental management subjects but also specialised knowledge of the operations of the banking and finance sector.
BBA Banking & Finance also opens the doors for the students to pursue a postgraduate degree in business administration or specialised sectors like insurance, financial markets, banking etc.
Programme Educational Objectives (PEO)
The Program Educational objective of the BBA of SBS is:
- PEO1: To provide students with basic theoretical knowledge and understanding of organizations, their management and the environment in which they operate.
- PEO2: To provide students with the first-hand experience of a managerial and/or management-related role and of how organizations operate in practice.
- PEO3: To provide students with an integrated understanding of the important functions within management and the way in which they interact and acquire new skills.
- PEO4: To develop students' critical analysis of and reflection upon management issues and their ability to undertake serious, deep and well-rounded research in selected areas.
- PEO5: To prepare students for a career in management or management-related fields and develop their capability to contribute to society at large.
- PEO6: To enhance students' lifelong learning skills, communication skills and personal development.
Program Outcomes (PO’s)
- PO1:  Ability to apply the knowledge of business and management concepts to address the various managerial issues and complex problems by investigating and analyzing the problem’s situation and context.
- PO2: Understand the impact of professional business decisions and solutions in the societal and environmental context and also demonstrate knowledge towards sustainability.
- PO3:  Demonstrate thinking skills, creativity and innovation orientation in understanding and addressing the issues relating to the global business environment.
- PO4:  Apply ethical policies and practices of the profession to be socially responsible and ethical management professional.
- PO5:  Exhibit leadership behavior, interpersonal & cross-cultural skills, communication skills and a commitment towards lifelong learning.
- PO6:  Apply and practice their entrepreneurial knowledge, skills, and traits to become self-employed and job creators.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO’s)
- PSO1:  To develop conceptual and analytical skills and learn to work