Dr Agarwal received her M.Sc. & Ph.D degree in Organic Chemistry from Dr B.R. Ambedkar University, Agra. India. During her Ph.D. research she synthesized organophosphate esters, which have wide scope in insecticides, herbicides and plasticizers industries. Then she spent more than one year improving her teaching skills as a lecturer and an additional year working as a chemist in an industrial laboratory in India. In 2008 she moved to University of Western Ontario, Canada for Post Doctoral Studies to upgrade her professional skills and qualification. There she worked on various industrial projects
- Nanoformulation of Active Ingredients and Determination of their Mobility in Soil for Crop Protection.
- Development of Nanoscale Supported Catalysts and Determination of their Catalytic Activity.
- Determination of Photocatalytic Activity of Doped TiO2 and Bi2O3 Nanoparticles
- Investigating Cost Effective Technologies for Treatment and Reuse of Industrial and Municipal Wastewater.
- Characterization and Optimization of the Membrane System for the Concentration of Nanoparticles in Aqueous Solution.
In August 2010 she joined Sharda University to apply her research and teaching skills so that they may benefit Sharda University.