B.Sc. in Animation & VFX is a three-year full-time undergraduate program that deals with the discipline of Animation and Multimedia. The candidate must complete the minimum eligibility for admission to the course. The bare minimum is that he or she should successfully complete the 10+2 level of education from a recognized educational board. A minimum aggregate score of 60% for the general category candidates and 55% for SC/ST/OBC candidates at the 10+2 standard level seems the required threshold. The prospective students who are awaiting their 10+2 examination’s results are also eligible to apply on a provisional basis.
When it comes to course structure and format, it is based on the latest technologies and methodologies used in the field of visual effects and animations. This covers a variety of creations such as cartoons, games, and animated movies. Here is a list of features which is covered by the B. Sc. in Animation & VFX:
- The course is strategically divided into 6 semesters which for the duration of 6 months each.
- The animation career in India can be pursued at an average course fee ranging between INR 2 and 6 lakhs, varying across institutes.
The course is quite up and coming if one has a knack for technology and would like to be creative with it. An ideal candidate for the program is the one who has the following list of abilities:
- The innovative and creative mind
- IQ & EQ to create a world of virtual reality
- Proactive imagination and zeal towards newer ideas
- Effective visualization ability and perseverance to materialize it
- Technologically well aware and thorough in subject knowledge
B. Sc. in Animation Career scope
B. Sc. In Animation scope is increasing day by day as newer companies are adapting the world of virtual reality. Whether it is the entertainment industry or media houses, all the segments require animation and VFX nowadays. Successful graduates from the field are hired in the field in capacities such as:
- Film creator
- IT Software companies
- Media & News
- PR and ad agencies
- Production houses
- TV channels
Scope of B. Sc. in Animation in India
A career in B. Sc. in Animation or a career in VFX offers quite a number of possibilities as the job scene is quite fertile in India. The scope of animation in India is promising because the program is designed to offer an advanced learning experience and hone their skills. With Animation and VFX (Visual Effects), cartoons and movies involving CGI (Computer Generated Imagery), 2D Classical & Digital Animation and 3D Animation & Visual Effects. This field is constantly advancing which leaves an immense scope of animation in India, specifically. The graduates of the course interested in pursuing further studies in the discipline may go for pursuing higher courses like M. Sc., Ph. D., M. Phil., or research in the subject.
Here is a list of potential professions that one can opt for after pursuing a degree in animation or VFX:
- 2D/3D Animator- The role of 2D/3D animators is to use computer-generated images to create animated scenes. The role is immensely important when it comes to creating characters, scene transitions, and backgrounds. An animator is the blend of creativity and life. 2D or 3 D animators designs, produces and helps in generation of images, special effects, and action graphics.
- 3D Modeler- The 3D Modelers create visualized models’ surfaces or skins, and paint and wrap 2D textures on a digital frame. He/She is basically a creator of character skeletons, which animators control.
- Graphic Designer- Many students who pursue a degree in animation or VFX go for the profession of Graphic Designers. It is one of the most lucrative professions when it comes to gathering materials and information. A designer’s role is to illustrate the concept by designing and materializing the imaginative idea into concrete visual graphics.
- Lecturer- Like any professional field, the world of animation also requires teachers and guides who can lead the students into the professional realm. The lecturers teach the technical aspects of the field and emphasize on harmonizing the students with life so that they can successfully visualize the animation inspired by life-form.
- Multimedia Programmer- The role of multimedia programmers is to use their creative side and blend it with their technical acumen. These programmers tend to create innovative digital products, such as Flash-based websites, mobile apps, and interactive animated films.
- Web Designer- The web designers are professionally responsible to visualize, design and create a website. Besides understanding the needs of the clients and delivering the desired products, they help to create and maintain the product.
The average annual salary offered by B. Sc. in Animation jobs in India ranges between INR 20K and 50k, for beginners. This tends to increase with the candidate’s experience and expertise in the field. It is a very lucrative field when it comes to technology-oriented fields and opportunities.