Overview of B.Tech CSE
In order to build a career in IT or in the field of computer science, the basic requirement is a B.Tech degree in computer science. The degree is considered to be one of the most desirable programmes which offer high-paying jobs. The sector which caters to career options after B.Tech CSE is full of opportunities. When it comes to India, the sector of the information technology industry is growing rampantly with many entrepreneurs like HCL and Infosys offering home-based opportunities for the students. There are many opportunities in IT companies in the USA and Canada which hire fresh talents from Indian universities like Sharda University and offer them attractive packages. The number of people being employed is huge, especially as computer professionals, in their Indian and overseas offices. The article helps to address the question of what to do after B.Tech in CSE?
Career options after completing B.Tech CSE
Here is a list of professions and designations which are offered as options after B.Tech CSE:
- DBA: The role of a DBA or Database Administrator requires the ability to design, implement, maintain and repair an organization’s database. In some of the companies, DBA professionals are also known as Database Coordinator or Database Programmer in the IT sector.
- Hardware Engineers: The hardware engineers are required to do all the technical work assigned for the project. The role often demands the engineer to research, design, develop, test and oversee the installation of computer hardware. This also includes computer chips, circuit boards, systems, modems, keyboards and printers.
- Networking Engineers: Networking engineers are computer professionals who are equipped to handle and manage designing, implementation and troubleshooting of computer networks.
- Software Developers: Software developers are professionals who look over the software development processes and perform activities such as design and coding, computer programming, project management, etc.
- System Analyst: Computer engineers do all the research about the existing problems and plan solutions for the problem. System analysts are also required to combat software and system-related problems. They are required to coordinate development between business development teams.
- System Designer: The role requires system designing, logical and physical designing, wherein logical designing can be enumerated as the structure and characteristics such as output, input, files, database and procedures, etc.
Further options after B.Tech CSE
B. Tech computer science jobs have plenty of opportunities for fresh computer science graduates. The candidates seek attractive job offers from MNC and IT companies. Along with that, the candidates with a decent percentage of marks and good communication skills as well as sound computer knowledge have an immensely bright future. Computer engineers are offered jobs in non-technical sectors such as universities or for research projects for the private and public industries, government departments, business organizations and commercial organizations and the manufacturing sector, etc.
Here is a consolidated list of interest which can be of use to candidates after B.Tech CSE:
- As an E-commerce specialist
- In the assembly sector
- Professionals in automotive companies
- Working as a programmer or web developer
- Working in aerospace companies
- Working with design and development teams
- Working with manufacture and maintenance teams
- Working with telecommunications companies
The field of computer science provides a global career in terms of its wide scope for professionals. Indian engineers have played a major role in the growth and development of the sector in the UK, USA and Canada. Some new avenues are open for Indian computer professionals in Singapore, Hong Kong and Bangkok which makes it quite popular in the South Asian region as well. Along with good employability rate, the candidates must ensure that they have an apt and concrete practical knowledge and skills to be employable in the sectors. Therefore, the candidates who are willing to make a career in the industry should have maximum exposure to practical knowledge so that they can perform efficiently. Most of the colleges tend to impart practical knowledge and offer internship programmes which enlarge the chances of getting hired.